Newbie to Mythos looking for game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
WinterWillow
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Newbie to Mythos looking for game

Post by WinterWillow »

I'm new and I would like to get into a game. Presently, I buying the 6th edition of COC and would like to play in a 1920's era or maybe later game. I have quick-start rules so I can know the basic rules.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Newbie to Mythos looking for game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, WInterWIllow! I've validated you, so now you can post on the game boards.

I'm running three games, and I'd be glad for you to join any or all of them. None of them are 1920s, but two of them take place between then and now, and the third is near future.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is now on the third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is a UNIT adventure set in Dunwich, England in 1985. It started a few months ago, so there isn't much catching up if you want to join. I'm looking for a replacement player for Elliot Webb, UNIT covert operative, whose player has abandoned him. The previous replacement never started posting for him after over a month. Another player expressed some interest in taking him over but hasn't claimed him yet in over two weeks. At this point it would be difficult to introduce a completely new character. This campaign will sample a variety of eras, and the first two games are in the Hall of Fame.

Zombie Apocalypse is a modern non-Mythos game, though it has its own similar mythology. It's been running for almost seven years, but it's still early on the second day of game time, so I could fill you in fairly quickly. There are several characters available that were added when Chapter 7 started, so they won't have too much catching up needed, and/or you could create one or two of your own. We're down to only a few active players at the moment, but even when there were several, there was always room for more.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia. It's been running for almost four years, but it moves slowly, so it wouldn't be too hard to get up to speed. I'm down to only two players right now. You could either take over an abandoned character or create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
WinterWillow
Layman
Layman

Post by WinterWillow »

That sounds like a plan. I'll read up on each of these games . I just recently downloaded the rules set for 5th edition COC and just brushing up on the Mythos. I also have the two investigator companions books. Give me a bit of time so I can the basic feel of the game.
WinterWillow
Layman
Layman

Post by WinterWillow »

I am very interested in taking over the part of Elliot Webb in the Dr Who crossover. I hope I can start posting tonight. I just readed up on episode two and will get up to date on episode one and prologe.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, you've got him! Keep in mind that the only IC threads you're allowed to read are the ones containing your character, with the sole exception of the Introduction. In Episode 1, you'll need to read Missing In Action, Inflitration, and then Ghostwriter. Then you should read Reunion in Episode 2, which is your current thread. Once you've caught up, you can start posting there whenever you're ready. Have fun, and if you have any questions, just ask!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”