Hello..New player looking for Classic or Gaslight games

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Barty
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Hello..New player looking for Classic or Gaslight games

Post by Barty »

Hi...I have been interested in "Call of Cthulhu" (but not played) for a long time, and now that I have a little more free time I am ready to take the plunge and get involved.......I like the atmosphere of the Classic and Gaslight game worlds....partly to escape the modern world and its technology...So these are what I am interested in
So please,keepers, if you are looking for a willing apprentice investigator.get in touch
Thankyou
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Hello..New player looking for Classic or Gaslight games

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Just giving a warm welcome. Cheers Barty!
I´m in to modern settings, so I can´t offer you a seat at my games.
Most possibly someone else can. We have two mastodons of games running here, dual runs even.
Masks and Mountains of Madness both. I´m sure one of them can squeeze in an extra.

Then I see Bookhounds are searching for a transmutation of souls. When you browse the forums you´ll get a whiff of what´s currently on.

My games are set in New York and on Antarctica, both in the 1980´s.
They are Vertical Run, a modern story with a backdrop of the Vietnam war. (And what evil might have escaped that jungle...)
Antarctica 1983 is a sequel to The Thing by John Carpenter.

You might find anything from Silent Hill to Zombie apocalypse on these boards. It´s not purely Lovecraft, even if that´s the core of
the content.

So, welcome to the forums, Barty.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Barty! The games I'm currently running are modern too, but you'd be welcome to join them. I run the aforementioned Zombie Apocalypse game, as well as Space Oddity (set in 1969 Philadelphia), and I'm getting ready to start the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, The Shadow Over Dunwich, which is also in the eighties (set in 1985 Dunwich, England). The first adventure in this campaign was Classic era (1930 London), and that era may be revisited later on. I also intend to run a Gaslight adventure at some point in that campaign, but that won't be for quite some time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Barty
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by Barty »

Thanks for the welcome guys
I will wait till something suitable turns up thanks,but will also look at games needing players
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi Barry,
My Masks game might have room for fresh players at the end of the current chapter, but I won't be recruiting before then as I want a bit of stability while I get the game back up to speed.
I'm hoping to finish the current chapter by New Year; if you don't mind waiting till then you'd be welcome to join in.
I saw your posts on YSDC so I hope you find a suitable game soon.
I don't know whether she has room for additional players, but Laraqua is running a couple of 1940s era British games in the "other eras and settings" section. I'd imagine that's close enough to classic era. Laraqua's a great Keeper, her games are always spooky and/or disturbing. :)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Actually, while I have no Classic I have British Home Front (early 1940s) and you could enjoy the ones who are currently busy exploring the sewers and about to ... um, yes. Nothing is about to happen. I'm sure it'll be fine. It's only 20 years off classic. Would that do for you?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Players Looking For Games”