Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
aefpunk
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Looking for game...

Post by aefpunk »

Hi,

I have been playing Pathfinder with a group and did some Star Wars play by post in the past, but Call of Cthulhu sounds like it would be a great way to try something new and spice my role playing experience up.

If you are looking to add another investigator to your campaign, let me know. I would love to play a game of CoC by post.

-Collin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Looking for game...

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, aefpunk! I've validated you so that you can now post on the game boards. I'm about to start a new game in the next few weeks called The Shadow Over Dunwich. It's the third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, but you don't need to know anything about the first two. Each adventure has a different setting and is self-contained, though there are overarching themes and connections between them. This one is a modern scenario, set in 1985 in Dunwich, England, and is a UNIT adventure. If you play, you'd create a character from 1985 who has some connection with UNIT. You might be employed by UNIT in some capacity (soldier, scientist, technician, officer, or many other possibilities), or you could play a "friendly" associated with UNIT, along the lines of reporter Sarah Jane Smith. I should have character creation information and instructions up this weekend.

I also run two other games that are well underway, but you'd be welcome to join them as well. Zombie Apocalypse is modern (though non-Mythos). It's been running for well over six years, but it has only recently entered the second day of game time. Chapter 7 started late last year, but you could join in without too much catching up. Several recently added pregenerated characters are available, and/or you can create one or two of your own. There's always room for new players in this game, and there's even more now since several long-time players had to drop out.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for almost three and a half years now. Several abandoned characters are available, and you could take one of them over or make your own character. Right now there are only a handful of active players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aefpunk
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by aefpunk »

Hi Mr. Hardy,

Thanks for the warm welcome! The Shadow Over Dunwich story sounds like a lot of fun. I must admit that I am not too familiar with Dr. Who, but I have some friends who love the show- it sounds like we are going to have a Dr. Who marathon to catch me up!

I just picked up the rulebook today, but have already made some progress into it (the Lovecraft stories were chilling, and the pouring rain today made it even better). I will keep reading the rules, look into the history of Dunwich (I saw the links in the Zero Room), and start following Dr. Who.

Thanks for the invitation, I look forward to investigating with everyone,
Collin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! No prior knowledge of Doctor Who or of Dunwich is required, and your character won't know a whole lot. Anything you need to know about UNIT or other matters will be revealed in the introductory threads I post and revealed during the course of the game. Of course, if you wish to take the time to study up, you're free to do so. I recently enjoyed a Doctor Who marathon, going through all of the episodes in the classic series (that's 26 seasons!). This campaign is based on the 1963-89 classic series rather than the new series, so that will give you a better idea of the flavor. In particular, the stories starring Jon Pertwee that feature UNIT are closest to what you'll experience, though there were a few UNIT stories in the late Patrick Troughton and early Tom Baker eras as well.

You're also free to read the first two games if you like, The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet, but there's no obligation to do so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”