interested in any game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Re: interested in any game

Post by Garrett »

I have a kind of rough idea for a character, I was thinking of a katana for his weapon could I use calvary saber statistics for that? it does 1d8 plus damage bonus.

On a separate note I don't know whats causing it but Invisible castle refuses to send me an activation link, I have tried on two different email accounts and registered under three different names.
On the off chance that I can still join the game I'd like to know if its okay for me to use the athlete skills for a character who is hiking across the US; I know drifter fits the description more but the skills don't match us with the character I'm making at all.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You can have a katana. It does 1d10+1+db damage and the base skill is 15%. However, you'll need both hands to wield it effectively, and you can't conceal it under a trenchcoat like Duncan MacLeod. ;)

I'm not sure what's up with Invisible Castle. I didn't have a problem registering, though that was years ago. I have heard of others who have. As long as you enter your character's name, it will have to do until your registration problems are resolved.

Using the Athlete professional skills is fine, as long as it fits your character concept.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Thanks, I'll have my character up around midday Friday. Could you give me statistics for a combat machete, I'm on the fence between these two weapons on the grounds that a machete could be hidden. I wasn't thinking of concealing the katana ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Take your time. I won't be able to get online until Friday night anyway, and even then I might not be able to go over your character until Saturday.

A machete uses the Knife skill, which has a base of 25%. It does 1d8+db damage, but unlike a katana, it cannot be used to parry.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Name: Ryuu Kin

Nationality: Japanese, raised in Chicago

Hit points:12
Magic points:16
Sanity points:80

Str:11
Con:9
Pow:16
Dex:14
App:8
Int:11
Size:14
Ed:12
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3616119/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3616126/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3616140/

Know:60%
Luck:80%
Idea:55%

Appearance and Personality
Ryuu is about two inches taller then average, with a toned body. His hair is normally well groomed but in his travels it has grown out to a shaggy look. He wears a white t-shirt and cargo shorts. He has a tatoo of a large black dragon on his back that is mostly covered by his shirt, although the head can be seen on his neck. Despite his near perfect body his face has what appears as baby fat that has never left him, making him appear a bit childish. However anyone close to him knows that Ryuu is anything but childish. He has a very calm demeanor and doesn't speak much around strangers. Growing up in a Japanese community he feels that natural order is for woman to serve and obey while men protect and provide. He is aware most Americans don't feel this way but as he hasn't really been close to any woman in his travels it has never become an issue. He is polite and respectful to everyone he meets until given a reason not to be.

Background
Ryuu was born in Kobe, Japan to a wealthy family. His father was a high ranking Yakuza of a Sumiyoshi-kai clan. As per tradition Ryuu learned martial arts and basic fire arms training. His father was eventually charged with expansion in Chicago. As such Ryuu's family moved to the United States when he was five years old. As the oldest of four children Ryuu is expected to take over his fathers work one day, in leu of this he has been shadowing him for as long as he can remember. His fathers main business was prostitution, seeing the horrible treatment of prostitutes under the Chicago gangs and how much better they were treated under his father he grew to have a very high opinion of the Yakuza. This point of view was also increased by the economic improvement in the areas under Yakuza control which was due to the removal of drug trafficking and selling. When he turns twenty-one he is expected to start managing his fathers largest brothel, he came up with his idea of walking across the US as a vacation before he starts working seriously. His father thought it would be a good experience for him and agreed to it, he was walking along a highway when the outbreak started. He has killed two zombies and knows that something is going on.

Skills
All modified skills are in bold.

Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%): 75%
Computer Use (01%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Silent Hill Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX x 2%): 59%
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Electronics (01%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%): 75%
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):75%
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):60%
Occult (05%):
Operate Heavy Machinery (01%):
Other Language (01%):
Own Language: English (EDU x 5%): 60%
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychotherapy (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):55%
Spot Hidden (25%):
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Grapple (25%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%): 75%

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):35%
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Equipment
-three pairs of clothes.
-fishing tools
-A lighter
-survival knife
-.32 revolver (three bullets in the gun)
-four MRE's
-debit card
-cell phone
-hiking boots
-sleeping roll
-cantina and pot(for boiling water)

I posted this on the zombie forum yesterday but it just occured to me you might want it here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Posting it in the Zombie Apocalypse forum is fine. I'll post there when I've had a chance to review your character, but it probably won't be until tomorrow as I haven't had much sleep last night.

Which Martial Art does Ryuu practice? You need to specify it on your character sheet. You can edit it into the sheet your posted in the Zombie Apoclaypse forum when you get the chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Hey I was just wondering if that Home front Mythos game was taking players, I know it's harder to incorporate new players in investigations so I understand if not. I'd probably make a scientist of some sort as it looks like you already have all the thief skills you need ;)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Wow, is this topic attracting bots? 1100 views!!!
That´s a remarkable count.

Just saying ;-)

Good luck with the game Garrett.
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

The Home Front Mythos game is currently at capacity although that may soon change. There may be scope to introduce you into the location, however, especially as you are interested in playing a scientist. I'll contact you when they're getting closer to that point.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

cool, thanks.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”