Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Interested in any games

Post by dormire »

Hello gentle reader,

I've been a GM and player of many, many systems in the past but recently have enrolled in a grad program that leaves me little time to put together a game or make the trip to play at any existing games. I'm familiar with all incarnations of CoC, except Trails of Cthulhu. I have the d20 ruleset as well as the 6th edition at the moment. I wouldn't have any trouble with a classic game either, as I always tended to run CoC rather than play. Any invitation to play would be welcome and my schedule does allow for a daily posting rate. I've never played by post but, looking over the game logs contained on this site, it seems like the most amenable way for me to get some gaming done these days.

Thanks for your attention,
Aaron
“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Interested in any games

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Aaron! I'm running three games, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them, though none of them are classic era. Zombie Apocalypse is modern (though non-Mythos). It's been running for almost six years, but it has only recently entered the second day of game time. Chapter 7 started late last year, but you could join in without too much catching up. Several recently added pregenerated characters are available, and/or you can create one or two of your own. There's always room for new players in this game, and there's even more now since several long-time players had to drop out.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over three years now. Several abandoned characters are available, and you could take one of them over or make your own character. Right now there are only five active players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign samples a variety of eras. The first game, The Terror Out of Time, took place in 1930 London, but it finished last August. The second game, The Ninth Planet takes place on Pluto in 2112, and it is currently underway. We've recently started Episode 4. There are several abandoned characters you could take over if you want to join, but you can't create your own character in that one. The game should wrap up early this summer. The third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, will probably start later this summer. It's a UNIT adventure set in 1985, and you'd be able to make your own character in that one. It's set in Dunwich, England.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
cthulhufhtagn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Interested in any games

Post by cthulhufhtagn »

We can still use some players for our African campaign. http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =39&t=3223

Return to “Players Looking For Games”