Former keeper looking to play.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
DogJones
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Former keeper looking to play.

Post by DogJones »

I've been running CoC for my group for awhile now, but I'd like to give playing a shot. I've never done play-by-post before. I'd prefer a 1920s BRPS game, and I'd play on Skype / IRC etc, if your game isn't PBP. My schedule is a little busy, but I'm sure I'd be able to make time. Thanks guys!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Former keeper looking to play.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, DogJones! I'm running three games, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them. They're all BRP and play by post, but unfortunately none of them are 1920s. Zombie Apocalypse is modern (though non-Mythos). It's been running for over five and a half years, but has only recently entered the second day of game time. Chapter 7 started a few months ago, but you could join in without too much catching up. Several recently added pregenerated characters are available, and/or you can create one or two of your own. There's always room for new players in this game, and there's even more now since several long-time players had to drop out.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for close to three years now. Several abandoned characters are available, and you could take one of them over or make your own character. Right now there are only two active players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign samples a variety of eras. The first game, The Terror Out of Time, took place in 1930 London, but it finished last August. The second game, The Ninth Planet takes place on Pluto in 2112, and it is currently underway. We've recently completed Episode 2 and are well into Episode 3. There is at least one abandoned character you could take over if you want to join, plus a couple more who were taken over in January but whose players haven't showed up yet, but you can't create your own character in that one. The third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, will probably start this summer. It's a UNIT adventure set in 1985, and you'd be able to make your own character in that one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DogJones
Layman
Layman

Post by DogJones »

I might give Space Oddity a try, I think. Is there anywhere I can go to get a summary of the story so far? I look at the sub-forum but I'm sort of confused about the way it is structured. Like I said, I've never done play-by-post before. Thanks man!
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

I'm running a BRP game called The Pit set in the pulp era of the 1930s

Cheers, Hal
DogJones
Layman
Layman

Post by DogJones »

Can I get a summary of events so far for the pit, or just more information in general? I wanna play but I don't know how to get involved.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Pit is actually set in 1941.

I haven't written a summary for Space Oddity, and I'm going to be very busy tomorrow night. Your best bet is to look at the Character Sheets thread at the top. If there's a character you want to take over, you can read that character's first IC thread (whichever one mentions that character's name that has the earliest timestamp and is usually furthest down the page). At the end of each thread, or when the character leaves the current thread, a hyperlink will direct you to the next one. You'd need to read all of these threads if you play an existing character, not just a summary. If you'd rather make your own character, you shouldn't know anything about the events so far. Note that you are not allowed to read IC threads (or portions of threads) that don't involve your character.

The threads may look like a confusing tangle, but the story actually weaves them together very nicely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DogJones
Layman
Layman

Post by DogJones »

It seems like it would be far easier to get into the game if I roll a new character. Would you mind if I did that instead of taking over an existing character? I wouldn't want to read about a character and then not want to play them, and then have the whole thing spoiled for me.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's no problem at all. Creating your own character is a perfectly valid option. The Character Creation and Discussion thread has the instructions, and you can post your work on your character there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DogJones
Layman
Layman

Post by DogJones »

Awesome, I'm gonna start rolling tomorrow. Thanks man, see you then.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”