New in town; looking for game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
MGN001
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

New in town; looking for game

Post by MGN001 »

I'm looking for a game that's easy to get into. I've never actually played a tabletop rpg before, but I've been interested for years. I just need a game to get into.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New in town; looking for game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, MGN001! I'm running three games, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them. Zombie Apocalypse is modern (though non-Mythos). It's been running for over five and a half years, but has only recently entered the second day of game time. Chapter 7 started a few months ago, but you could join in without too much catching up. Several recently added pregenerated characters are available, and/or you can create one or two of your own. There's always room for new players in this game, and there's even more now since several long-time players had to drop out.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for close to three years now. Several abandoned characters are available, and you could take one of them over or make your own character. Right now there are only two active players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign samples a variety of eras. The first game, The Terror Out of Time, took place in 1930 London, but it finished last August. The second game, The Ninth Planet takes place on Pluto in 2112, and it is currently underway. We've recently completed Episode 2 and started Episode 3. There are some abandoned characters you could take over if you want to join, but you can't create your own character in that one. The third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, will probably start this summer. It's a UNIT adventure set in 1985, and you'd be able to make your own character in that one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MGN001
Layman
Layman

Post by MGN001 »

I've seen a bit about Dr. Who, and read a bit of Lovecraft, and I've noticed quit a bit of overlap. So, what do I need to know about The Ninth Planet?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Everything you need to know about it is in the forum for that game. It's under Other Eras and Settings, and there's also a link in my signature. There are currently three abandoned characters that you could play: Lt. Edward Barrett (a geologist), Private Alison Silver (a security officer), or Private Robert MacCrimmon (a different security officer). Once you choose your character, I'll send you his or her secrets in a PM. You'll also need to catch up on your chosen character's IC threads, but you're not allowed to read the IC threads that don't include your character (except for the Introduction in Episode 1). We're in the early stages of Episode 3 right now, but the amount of catching up required should be managable. You should be sure to read the sticky threads at the top of the forum. The Character Sheets thread is one of those, and it has the sheets for all of the available characters. The Zero Room is the OOC chat thread, and you're free to read and post in it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MGN001
Layman
Layman

Post by MGN001 »

I'll play as Private Robert MacCrimmon. Looking forward to it!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, you've got him! I'll send you his secrets soon. The IC threads you need to read are:

Episode 1:
Introduction (optional)
Security Briefing
Uninvited Guests
Prison in Space

Episode 2:
Questions and Answers
Two Came Back
The Visitor
The Gathering

Episode 3:
The Ultimatum
Aftermath

At the end of the IC threads are hyperlinks directing you to the next thread in the story. Once you've caught up and read your secrets, you may start posting in Aftermath, your current IC thread, whenever you're ready! Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”