Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Iñaki
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

New player searchs a game

Post by Iñaki »

Hello,
I've just discovered your forum and I decided to register in order to play again RPGs.

CoC was one of my favourite games. Since my group of players moved far away and since I am so busy at work there is no time to search a new group to play again but this forum may be a way to keep the dice rollin'! I may be somewhat oxidized since there is around 10 years with no playin'at all but I am looking forward to re-learn again soon.

So I would like to join a game whenever there is some vacancies. As you may probably realized English is not my mother tongue but I will do my best

warmest greetings
Iñaki
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New player searchs a game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Iñaki! I'm running three games, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them. Zombie Apocalypse is modern (though non-Mythos). It's been running for over five and a half years, but has only recently entered the second day of game time. Chapter 7 started a few months ago, but you could join in without too much catching up. Several recently added pregenerated characters are available, and/or you can create one or two of your own. There's always room for new players in this game, and there's even more now since several long-time players had to drop out.

Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for close to three years now. Several abandoned characters are available, and you could take one of them over or make your own character. Right now there are only two active players.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign samples a variety of eras. The first game, The Terror Out of Time, took place in 1930 London, but it finished last August. The second game, The Ninth Planet takes place on Pluto in 2112, and it is currently underway. We've recently completed Episode 2 and started Episode 3. There are some abandoned characters you could take over if you want to join, but you can't create your own character in that one. The third adventure, The Shadow Over Dunwich, will probably start this summer. It's a UNIT adventure set in 1985, and you'd be able to make your own character in that one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Iñaki
Layman
Layman

Post by Iñaki »

I am quite interested in the Space Oddity or in the Ninth planet allthough the most atractive one seems to be the shadow over Dunwich which I hope to play.
Please let me join the one you would have a greater lack of players.
Gratefully
Iñaki
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You should join whichever one you prefer, or even both if you can manage it. Space Oddity has the fewest players (we're down to two right now). While there are several players in The Ninth Planet, there is still room for more if you take over an abandoned character. One thing you will want to keep in mind is that The Shadow Over Dunwich won't start until after The Ninth Planet concludes, but Space Oddity will most likely still be going at that time. If you don't think you can play in two games at the same time, you should choose The Ninth Planet, since that's guaranteed to wrap up before the next one starts. The Shadow Over Dunwich is going to be awesome, and I'm really looking forward to it too! It's set in the real town of Dunwich in the UK, not the fictional one in Massachusetts.

I've gone ahead and validated you, so you can now post on the game boards. I set Validated Users as your default group before realizing that this wasn't done for the other users, but I haven't found a way yet to set it back to Registered Users. It shouldn't make a difference, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iñaki
Layman
Layman

Post by Iñaki »

Thanks, Handy.
I am starting to read what you've played until now.
I am joining Ninth Planet, for now just one game will be desiderable.
I will keep you informed when I am ready to start to play; by next week I guess.
All the best,
Iñaki
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. There are three abandoned characters available to be taken over: Lt. Edward Barrett (a geologist), Private Alison Silver (a security officer), and Private Robert MacCrimmon (a different security officer). Their character sheets are posted in the Cast of Characters thread in The Ninth Planet's forum. Please let me know which one you want once you've decided, and I'll send you your new character's secrets. When catching up, you shouldn't read IC threads that don't have your chosen character in them (except for the Introduction in Episode 1, which everyone may read).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iñaki
Layman
Layman

Post by Iñaki »

I think I may want to play the geologist Barret,
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! If you can confirm that you want him, I'll send you his secrets in a PM. Private Robert MacCrimmon has already been taken over by another new player.

If you decide you want to play Edward Barrett, you'll need to read his IC threads to catch up on his story so far, but do not read any of the other IC threads (except for the Introduction in Episode 1, which everyone may read). The threads you'll need to read are:

Episode 1:
Introduction (optional)
Pluto Rocks
Heavy Metal

Episode 2:
The Empty Dock
Two Came Back
The Visitor
The Gathering

Episode 3:
The Ultimatum
Aftermath

Once you've caught up on the above threads and read his secrets, you may begin posting in his current IC thread (Aftermath) whenever you're ready. You may post in the OOC thread, The Zero Room, at any time. Just let me know if you're certain you want to play Edward Barrett. The only other choice at this point is Private Alison Silver.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iñaki
Layman
Layman

Post by Iñaki »

Yeah, for sure I am willing to play Edward Barrett´ s character.
Still reading all the stuff, I will keep you informed when I am ready to start.
All the best,
Iñaki
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard, he's yours! I'll send you his secrets in a PM. Once you've caught up and read the secrets, you may begin posting in your IC thread whenever you're ready. Note that Aftermath has now finished, and Edward's new IC thread is Ace in the Hole. That's where you'll be posting. Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”