New player ready to play!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Baronofbeefdip
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

New player ready to play!

Post by Baronofbeefdip »

Hello, I'm a bit of a new player, looking to join a CoC campaign.
I'm on daily, and have read the 6th edition rulebook.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New player ready to play!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Baronofbeefdip! I'm running three games, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them. My first Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game, The Terror Out of Time, was set in 1930 London and recently finished. However, it is the first scenario in a planned campaign. I started the second game, The Ninth Planet, two months ago. It is set in 2112, but you won't need to worry about character creation. Other than surviving characters from the first game, all characters are pregenerated in that one. All of them were claimed, but one player has withdrawn from the game, so there's room for one more. You could play Private Alison Silver (a security officer). I have plans for further adventures in this campaign that will sample other eras. I update this game frequently, and it moves fast. The Terror Out of Time completed in less than a year of real time, and The Ninth Planet will probably not take any longer than that, perhaps less.

Zombie Apocalypse is modern day non-Mythos survival horror and has been running for over five years now, but I'm in the early stages of Chapter 7, which actually marks the beginning of the second day of game time (a lot has been going on during the first day! :twisted: ). There are several new pregenerated characters I've added for Chapter 7, and you can also create one or two of your own, with which I can help you. It only started in September, so there's little catching up if you play only new characters. I try to update this game once or twice per week, but it's been more like once per week (or less frequently) lately. There are plenty of abandoned and unclaimed characters that were added in previous chapters as well, but they require more catching up.

Space Oddity has been running for over two and a half years. It's set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. However, it moves slowly and you could join in without too much trouble, either taking over an abandoned character or creating a new one. Only about 24 hours of game time have passed since that one started. There are plenty of abandoned characters there. We currently only have three players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Baronofbeefdip
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Baronofbeefdip »

Thanks for the quick response!

I'll take up the offer to cover for Alison Silver in The Ninth Planet. I've just read the Personnel/History/Base Layout threads. I'm going to read Alison's parts to catch up.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi Baronofbeefdip, welcome to the forums. :)
I've validated your account, so you'll be able to post in the game threads now.
Enjoy. :D
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

It was lucky that I happened to be on at that time. During the week, I can't go online for most of the day. I'll send you a PM with Alison's secrets, and then you can post in her current IC thread once you've read them and read her IC threads so far. It'll be another night or two before I can actually start updating the game again. I was away last weekend and I'm still getting caught up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”