Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Collector
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Long time RPG player New to COC

Post by Collector »

Hello all,

I have been reading through some of the games been played here and they look great. I am new to COC but having been playing various RPGs for about 20 years.

If anyone is starting a new game or needs somebody to join an existing game I would be interested.

I do like games that have some pace to them, and would be able to check/post daily.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Collector
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Long time RPG player New to COC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Collector! I'm running three games, one of which is new and another of which has had a new beginning of sorts. You'd be welcome to join any or all of them. My first Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game, The Terror Out of Time, was set in 1930 London and recently finished. However, it is the first scenario in a planned campaign. I started the second game, The Ninth Planet, a little over a month ago. It is set in 2112, but you won't need to worry about character creation. Other than surviving characters from the first game, all characters are pregenerated in that one. All of them were claimed, but one player was a no-show and another abandoned a character, so there's room for two more. You could play either Lt. Edward Barrett (a geologist) or Private Alison Silver (a security officer). I have plans for further adventures in this campaign that will sample other eras. I update this game frequently, and it moves fast. The Terror Out of Time completed in less than a year of real time, and The Ninth Planet will probably not take any longer than that, perhaps less.

Zombie Apocalypse is modern day non-Mythos survival horror and has been running for over five years now, but I'm in the early stages of Chapter 7, which actually marks the beginning of the second day of game time (a lot has been going on during the first day! :twisted: ). There are several new pregenerated characters I've added for Chapter 7, and you can also create one or two of your own, with which I can help you. It only started in the last few weeks, so there's little catching up if you play only new characters. I try to update this game once or twice per week, but it's been more like once per week lately.

Space Oddity has been running for about two and a half years. It's set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. However, it moves slowly and you could join in without too much trouble, either taking over an abandoned character or creating a new one. Only about 24 hours of game time have passed since that one started.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Long time RPG player New to COC

Post by Raiko »

Hi AnnDempsey, welcome to the forums. :)

Do you mean that you are interested in running a game (in answer to The Collector) or that you'd like to join a game?

If you're hoping to join a game, then in addition to Mr Handy's games listed above, there might also still be places left in the new Gaslight Era games that are just starting, see the "I'm thinking of running a game" forum.

Playing a game on here is really easy, and all our Keepers are great at guiding newbies into their games. Knowledge of the Call of Cthulhu rules themselves is rarely necessary. :)

If you are planning to start a game of your own, then the first thing to do is to start a new topic in the "I'm thinking of running a game" forum letting potential players know what era your adventure will be set in, how many players you need, and a quick summary of what the adventure theme will be. Me or Mr Handy will set up your game forum for you when you're ready to start, and there are plenty of old-timers on here who can help you with any queries. :)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”