New Player, looking for preferably 1920's game!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

New Player, looking for preferably 1920's game!

Post by Ewoklord »

Hi everyone, I'm interested in playing in a preferably classic era game. I've run CoC a few times, but never played it. So yeah, that's pretty much it. Thanks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Player, looking for preferably 1920's game!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Ewoklord! I'm running three games, one of which is new and another of which has had a new beginning of sorts. None of them are 1920s, unfortunately. My first Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game, The Terror Out of Time, was set in 1930 London and recently finished. However, it is the first scenario in a planned campaign. I started the second game, The Ninth Planet, a little over a month ago. It is set in 2112, but you won't need to worry about character creation. Other than surviving characters from the first game, all characters are pregenerated in that one. All of them were claimed, but one player was a no-show and another abandoned a character, so there's room for two more. I have plans for further adventures in this campaign that will sample other eras.

Zombie Apocalypse is modern day non-Mythos survival horror and has been running for over five years now, but I'm in the early stages of Chapter 7, which actually marks the beginning of the second day of game time (a lot has been going on during the first day! :twisted: ). There are several new pregenerated characters I've added for Chapter 7, and you can also create one or two of your own, with which I can help you. It only started in the last few weeks, so there's little catching up if you play only new characters.

Space Oddity has been running for about two and a half years. It's set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. However, it moves slowly and you could join in without too much trouble, either taking over an abandoned character or creating a new one. Only about 24 hours of game time have passed since that one started.

Raiko is planning to resume Masks of Nyarlathotep shortly, which is set in 1925. The game is currently in London. He said he doesn't plan to recruit any new players, but you could ask to join. He also might later resume Beyond the Mountains of Madness, set in 1933. That game has already reached Antarctica.

Kabukiman also might resume Escape from Innsmouth, set in 1927, once he finishes his current game. If he does, he'll be looking for new players, as everyone but me seems to have vanished.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi Ewoklord, welcome to the forums. :)

I am planning to restart running both of my Classic Era games, Masks this week and BtMoM before Christmas. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have room for fresh recruits in either game at the moment.

I am however in the process of tidying up the forums, archiving old games. I'll be attempting to contact the Keeper of every abandoned game that I archive, so hopefully a couple of them will give their games another go and they'll probably need new recruits.
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ewoklord »

Alright, thanks guys! I think I'll wait to see if anyone gives their games another go and needs new players. But if you happen to need a new player for either of your games Raiko, I'm available!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Welcome Ewok, love the name! You should join Masks, its a great game and we're getting it moving again. Raiko's a great DM. I joined 2 years after the game was started and there's plenty more blood to spill....

Cheers
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ewoklord »

Raiko says he doesn't have room for anyone right now.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

I do have one player who didn't return, but things are looking extremely bad for his character at the moment (Gwen).
If she somehow survives and escapes then I will be in urgent need of a new player!

No promises though, and I'm certainly not going to allow Gwen to escape without the both a lot of luck and intervention by other characters.

I've been trying to contact a few of the absentee Keepers from Classic games as well, if no one returns then I'll try to make room for you in my game. Even if Gwen doesn't survive.

The game is quite crowded already though.

trixie wrote:You should join Masks, its a great game and we're getting it moving again. Raiko's a great DM.
Thank you. :)
Ewoklord
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Ewoklord »

Thanks! I'm in no hurry, so take as long as you need. Thanks again!

Return to “Players Looking For Games”