Hello! New to Play by Post...

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
bandersnatch217
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Hello! New to Play by Post...

Post by bandersnatch217 »

Hello! My name is Aaron. I'm an experienced role player and I've played Call of Cthulhu a few times in the past, but I've never played a PbP game before. I'm excited to give it a try, though! I'm hoping to get in on a game at the ground floor, but I understand that new games might not be starting up until school begins again in a few weeks. Regardless, I'm excited to have found this site, and I look forward to Cthulhuing with you all in the near future. :-)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hello! New to Play by Post...

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Aaron! I'm running three games, one of which is new and another of which is approaching a new beginning. My first Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game, The Terror Out of Time, was set in 1930 London and just finished. However, it is the first scenario in a planned campaign. I intend to start the second game, The Ninth Planet, in early September. It is set in 2112, but you won't need to worry about character creation. Other than surviving characters from the first game, all characters are pregenerated in that one. There were ten, but five have already been claimed.

Zombie Apocalypse is modern day non-Mythos survival horror and has been running for over five years now, but I'm wrapping up Chapter 6 and should be starting Chapter 7 in early September as well. Chapter 7 will actually mark the beginning of the second day of game time (a lot has been going on during the first day! :twisted: ). There will be some new pregenerated characters added for Chapter 7, and you can also create one or two of your own, with which I can help you.

Space Oddity has been running for well over two years. It's set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. However, it moves slowly and you could join in without too much trouble, either taking over an abandoned character or creating a new one. Only about 24 hours of game time have passed since that one started.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
bandersnatch217
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by bandersnatch217 »

Thanks! I'm a big fan of Dr. Who and Cthulhu, so a game that combines them both sounds great. I can happily wait till September, but I look forward to playing with you then. :-)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcme, and welcome aboard! You can read The Terror Out of Time in the Hall of Fame if you like, but it's not required. You might want to look through the Character Sheets in the Ninth Planet and claim your character while there's still a decent selection. The characters still available are: Captain Karin Bauer, M.D., 2nd Lt. Edward Barrett, 2nd Lt. Colleen Rose, Private Alison Silver, and Private Robert MacCrimmon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by zielonobrody »

I'm looking for a fill in in The Haunting. If you've played it I don't mind, just as long as you're a sport and don't spoil the fun for the rest of the group. Mike is an MD, and hasn't seen much game so far, as his players have been ditching him constantly. But the game has picked up pace, and the current players are really feeling the game, so it should be a fun ending :> If all goes well, we should be done in September. Interested I hope? :) Let me know.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead

Return to “Players Looking For Games”