Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Biored
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Hey, i'm new here

Post by Biored »

Hello

I am new to RPG and have read some rule books (star wars saga edition, dnd, CoC), hoping that I can have my first game experience over here.

I am looking for a new game that can help me through the game and perhaps character creation.

Hope I can soon start a game of my own soon.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hey, i'm new here

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Biored! I know that ImpInTraining is looking for players for Mansions of Madness, but he's running it on another board. You can find the details here.

I'm running three games, but none of them are new. My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game, The Terror Out of Time, is set in 1930 London and is currently almost finished. However, it is the first scenario in a planned campaign. I intend to start the second game, The Ninth Planet, in early September. It is set in 2112, but you won't need to worry about character creation. Other than surviving characters from the first game, all characters are pregenerated in that one.

Zombie Apocalypse is modern day non-Mythos survival horror and has been running for over five years now, but I'm wrapping up Chapter 6 and should be starting Chapter 7 in early September as well. Chapter 7 will actually mark the beginning of the second day of game time (a lot has been going on during the first day! :twisted: ). There will be some new pregenerated characters added for Chapter 7, and you can also create one or two of your own, with which I can help you.

Space Oddity has been running for well over two years. It's set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. However, it moves slowly and you could join in without too much trouble, either taking over an abandoned character or creating a new one. Only about 24 hours of game time have passed since that one started.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Biored
Layman
Layman

Post by Biored »

Hm... Dr. Who sounds nice, though I've only the episode of "Weeping Angel"

Do you think it's ok for me to join the second game?

anything I should prepare?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sure, you'd be welcome to join! There are a limited number of characters available, so it will be first come first served. There's nothing you need to do to prepare yet, except maybe to review the Quick Start rules found on Chaosium's website here. You'll be playing a character from 2112, and I'll detail what you'll know of the next century's history and the current situation when I set up the board for the new game. Feel free to read the first adventure if you like, but you don't need to know anything about it. In fact, it might be better if you go in cold without any extra OOC information.

My campaign is based on the classic series of Doctor Who that aired from 1963-1989. Watching some of those episodes might give you a better feel for the game. In particular, the surviving episodes from Patrick Troughton's time as the Doctor probably best set the tone for The Ninth Planet. Well, those and The Tenth Planet, which is William Hartnell's final story. Unfortunately, the fourth and final episode of that story is missing, but there are some pretty good reconstructions out there on YouTube.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Biored
Layman
Layman

Post by Biored »

Great! So should I leave an e mail so you can contact with?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You don't need to do that. I can send you a Private Message through this site if I need to contact you, and you'll be notified when you log in. You can also change your settings so that you are notified by email when you have a new PM.

You'll probably want to keep an eye on the ...I'm Thinking of Running a Game forum. The Terror Out of Time should be finishing up within a few weeks, and I'll post information on The Ninth Planet at that point. I'll also create a forum for the new game and post the pregenerated characters there for people to choose from before the new game starts. I created the characters months ago, so all that really needs to be done for them is to type them up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Biored
Layman
Layman

Post by Biored »

Great, I'll keep an eye out for my private message then
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I usually make a general announcement in ...I'm Thinking of Running a Game when I'm about to start a new game rather than send out PMs to everyone who might be interested.

You shouldn't have a problem getting a character, as there will be ten playable pregenerated characters available. There are only six active players in the first adventure at this point, and at least four of them already have characters who will be carried over to the second adventure provided they make it through the finale. What I will use a PM for is to send you the secret information about your chosen character once you pick him or her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Ninth Planet now has a forum. The game won't start until early September, but character sheets are now posted. You'll want to select one of the pregenerated characters, which are available on a first come, first served basis.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”