New Player

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

New Player

Post by BenTheRat »

Hey there. Name is Ben. Just wanted to pop on and say hi. I'm looking for a new game. Don't really want to jump into something on going.

I'm new to CoC but have always wanted to play and recently picked up the 6th ed rulebook, just never found a group. I'm also new to this site.

I have been into Role playing games of various genre's for years. So if you don't mind a noob and are starting a new game, please let me know.

Thanks.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Player

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Ben! All of my games have been running for a while, but you'd still be welcome to join them. Chapter 6 of Zombie Apocalypse will probably end before too much longer, however, and Chapter 7 should start later this summer. The new chapter will bring in new characters in a new setting, so it may feel like a new game in that respect. Even though it's been running for over five years, we're still just finishing up the first day of game time. Chapter 7 would start on the morning of the second day.

My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure, The Terror Out of Time, is nearing its conclusion, but it is only the first adventure in a campaign. The second adventure, The Ninth Planet, should start later this summer as well, so you may be interested in that one. It is set in 2112, and all of the new characters in that adventure are pregenerated.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

I was looking for more of a Call of Cthulu game, but both of those sound cool as well.

I mean who doesn't like zombie apocalypse scenarios and big fan of Dr. Who. Reminds me a bit of my Lords of Creation games I use to run a few years back. I'd probably be up for at least one of those if not both.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Doctor Who games are also Call of Cthulhu games. They most definitely involve the Mythos; they just also happen to have a Time Lord and his companions as some of the PCs. Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos, though it does have some similar elements. Both the second Doctor Who adventure and Chapter 7 of Zombie Apocalypse should be starting in August or September. I'll announce a call for players when it's time.

My third game, Space Oddity, has been running for over two years and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, only it's set in 1969 Philadelphia. It does feature the Mythos, though so far the Mythos elements have been well hidden. It does move slowly, and less than 24 hours of game time have passed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

I noticed a lot of the games seem to have stalled. I hope I haven't jumped into something that is a dieing breed. I tend to be a day late and a dollar short.

I saw 2 games The Haunting and Glendale seem to be pretty active. Unfortunately I know the Haunting too well I think to jump in there, unless the Keeper has changed it enough to not matter. But from what I back read on the forum it doesn't look like it.

Glendale looks interesting and is not very old. And no one ever seemed to pick up the MI5 character Stephen. So I dropped ImpInTraining a pm to see if he wanted another player. Hope that isn't bad form.

I'm really interested in the Pit game if that takes off and your Dr. Who game. The zombie one I'll wait and see how the others go. I'll keep an eye out for when you post them though.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, Ben!
Don´t worry, the site is not shutting down. It´s just the seasonal downtime. Things will pick up as the academic year kicks off in August. As for myself I´ve been neglecting my duties here as a keeper, but that´s another issue.
I estimate that at least twenty people are active in games at any time. So, there shouldn´t be a problem to find a game to join.

To keep up on all things Cthulhu, I suggest you join the motherforum of this site. Old Yoggie

Many of the players here have accounts over there and discuss scenarios and rules.

Welcome to our corner of eternity!

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, this is just the usual summer slowdown. It will pick up once people come back.

I was actually the original player of Stephen Hodgekinson, but the Keeper had me switch to Laurence Hickman since he is an essential character and Stephen is not. Without someone playing Laurence, the scenario could not have happened. I actually picked Stephen's photo and rolled up his character. I don't think the Keeper will mind if you ask to join. The game is moving rather slowly now, and you haven't missed too much.

I played in The Haunting the first time it was run on this board and had a great time. You can find it in the Hall of Fame, and it's not too long of a read. I've been reading along with the second one, where the investigators are exploring other areas besides the Corbitt House, something we never had the opportunity to do.

I've been looking forward to The Pit since it was announced in January, and I've got a great character concept for it. It looks like it'll be a blast.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

@Dave, Thanks, I signed up there.
It makes sense that its seasonal, but I won't be, and with my job I will probably be on daily to post.

@Handy, yea I knew you were originally playing Stephen. If one of the other players have dropped I can take over or I can pick up Stephen if its not too late. I'll let Imp figure out what he wants to do.

The Haunting has been a fun read up to now.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Ninth Planet now has a forum. The game won't start until early September, but character sheets are now posted. You'll want to select one of the pregenerated characters, which are available on a first come, first served basis.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”