New player

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
ChrisKSC
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

New player

Post by ChrisKSC »

Just a quick post to say hello to everyone at the forums. I'm Chris, I've been playing CoC (some BRP, some d20) with friends for around 4 years (intermittently). Now that they and myself have all moved to various corners of the earth I am without a group, so thought I would join here and see what games were going. I am new to play by post but can post very regularly. For the most part my experience has been with modern day adventures, but I am willing to give most eras a go. Please get in touch if you think you have any openings!
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: New player

Post by Raiko »

Hi Chris, welcome to the forums. :)

There are always a few games recruiting so I'm sure that someone will be along with an offer of a place soon. As I've mentioned in some other recent posts I'm about to resume my long neglected games, but I'm unsure whether or not I'll be recruiting just yet. You'd be welcome to join if I have any spots free though. Both my games are classic era though.

If you're interested in modern era then Mr Handy's Zombie Apocalypse is definitely worth a look, and he's usually seeking fresh prey!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Chris! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. Zombie Apocalypse is always looking for new players. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for over five years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. You could choose pregenerated characters and/or you could create your own. Chapter 6 is winding down, and Chapter 7 should be starting this summer.

I run two other games here that you could join as well. They've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over two years, but it's moving fairly slowly. Many characters have been abandoned which you could take over, or you could make one of your own.

The newest game I'm running is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game started over ten months ago and is getting close to finishing, but I can still add you in if you're willing to take over a character that has been abandoned and do a lot of catching up, or you could create a police constable who will probably arrive just in time for the grand finale. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start this summer, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in 2112. However, that one will only have pregenerated characters (aside from the surviving TARDIS crew from the first game).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ChrisKSC
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by ChrisKSC »

Raiko: Many thanks, it looks like the previous ones are Masks and Beyond the Mountain? Is that correct? I would quite happily kill someone to play Masks, and I would be happy to give Mountain a go - so if there is anything going in either of those when you resume them I would be very interested!

Mr. Handy: Again, many thanks. I'll have a look through the two ones that have been running longest and see if either appeals to me. ZA appears to have a pretty large following!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! Those are Raiko's two games, yes.

Zombie Apocalypse does have a lot of players, though I'm the only one remaining who has been in it from the beginning. I started as a player and took over as Keeper after a few months when the original Keeper no longer had time to keep it going. It also started on another site, but I moved it here when it was a year and a half old, after Chapter 2 ended. Very few of the original cast of characters have survived to this point as well, with all but a handful of them introduced in Chapter 4 or later. Chapter 7 will also see some new pregenerated characters added.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”