Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
sciffy
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Hello!

Post by sciffy »

Hey,

I've read a few of the recent posts and i'm interested in participating in the masks game if its going to be revieved, or the zombie apocalypse game or anything really ^^
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hello!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, sciffy! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. Zombie Apocalpyse has been going for five years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. You could choose pregenerated characters and/or you could create your own. Chapter 6 is winding down, and Chapter 7 should be starting this summer.

I run two other games here that you could join as well. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over two years, but it's moving fairly slowly. Many characters have been abandoned, and I only have three active players at the moment. The newest game I'm running is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game started ten months ago and is getting close to finishing, but I can still add you in if you're willing to take over a character that has been abandoned and do a lot of catching up. It's a bit late to add in new characters from 1930, though there may be an opportunity to introduce some police constables at the very end. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start this summer, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in the future. However, that one will only have pregenerated characters (aside from the surviving TARDIS crew from the first game).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
sciffy
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by sciffy »

I'd like to pick up the 1930's character and catch up if you don't mind ^^
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great, Gareth Hayes is yours! He's a security guard working for the British Museum. You may read the Introduction post in Episode 1, though Gareth isn't in it. To catch up on Gareth's story, you'll need to look at both Blast from the Past and Fright at the Museum in Episode 1, as he sort of goes between both threads. After that, you'll need to read All Together Now (also in Episode 1). You'll stop at the post on the last page where Gareth leaves the room and then pick up again in the Episode 2 thread Guard Duty. When you finish, a hyperlink will direct you to Are You My Mummy? You'll stop reading at the point not far from the top of page 2 of that thread where almost everyone else leaves the room. I think I added a hyperlink there too. At that point, you'll return to Guard Duty briefly before a hyperlink sends you to The Lion's Den. This will lead you to The Exchange, and then Death From Below in Episode 3. After that, you'll be directed to Off the Clock and Night at the Museum. Finally, you'll go to Race Against Time and then Closing In in Episode 4, which is Gareth's current thread. Once you've caught up, you can start posting for Gareth in that thread when you're ready (we're in the middle of combat, and it's his turn to act). I'll post his action for the current round if you're not ready to start by the time the other player who acts at the same time has posted. You may also post in the OOC chat thread, The Zero Room, any time. Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”