Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
iwriter81
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Greetings!

Post by iwriter81 »

Hello and greetings to you all!

My name is Adam and I am looking for a play by post 1920s era Call of Cthulhu game. I have quite a few of the game guides and aids but have never actually played the game due to my friends and family members having zero interest in the works of HPL.

If anyone is planning on running such a game please let me know.

Thank you very much.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Greetings!

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, iwriter81! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. The newest game I'm running is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game started over nine months ago and is getting close to finishing, but I can still add you in if you're willing to take over a character that has been abandoned and do a lot of catching up. It's a bit late to add in new characters from 1930, though there may be an opportunity to introduce some police constables at the very end. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start this summer, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in the future. However, that one will only have pregenerated characters (aside from the surviving TARDIS crew from the first game).

Zielonobrody is running The Haunting. The game has already started, but you haven't missed much and can probably jump in. You might want to reply to this thread to let him know you're interested.

Raiko will hopefully be resuming Beyond the Mountains of Madness and Masks of Nyarlathotep eventually after a long hiatus. Both games are well underway. With BtMoM, you'd have to take over an existing character, as they're already in Antarctica. Masks is in London, and there are characters whose players are gone by now, as well as openings for new ones.

I've been playing in Escape from Innsmouth, but that game has been stalled for some time since the only other active player has been away for months. You might want to ask the Keeper, Kabukiman, if you can join in.

I run two other games here that you could join as well, though they're not the era you prefer. They've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over two years, but it's moving fairly slowly. Many characters have been abandoned, and I only have three active players at the moment. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for almost five years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. You could choose pregenerated characters and/or you could create your own. Chapter 6 is winding down, and Chapter 7 should be starting this summer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi Adam, welcome to the boards. :)

As Mr.Handy said, I'm currently deciding what to do about my long neglected classic era games. You'd be most welcome to join in once I get going again.

Masks is set in 1925, it's one of the classic old-school Cthulhu campaigns and as such is extremely deadly. We had a fantastic start and a lot of love went into the game from all the players, but things eventually ground to a halt due to real life getting in the way of me and the players. I really want to get that game going again and I'm looking at two options:
  1. Contact all the original players, and find out who'd be interested in kicking it off again. Recruit one or two extra players to fill the gaps, possibly with brand new characters - this would include Mr.Handy's Scotland Yard detective.
  2. Assume that the game's current situation - in which all the characters are in deadly danger - ends badly. Resume that campaign one game month later, with Mr Handy's cop character taking the lead.
  3. Some mixture of the above, depending on how many of the old characters I can get back.
My Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign is set a little later in 1933 and is a little more straightforward to resume. I can restart with a group of 4-6 players, and I don't necessary need any of the originals on-board. Anyone joining in at this stage though would probably find it beneficial if they'd read the original Lovecraft story At the Mountains of Madness, as the expedition has already reached the site of the original Massacre. :)

It you're interested in joining in either game, let me know. :)
iwriter81
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by iwriter81 »

PM sent.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

I'd be interested in the Masks game.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

PM received! :)

I'll do my best to fit both of you into my games, although it obviously depends on how many of the original players are willing to rejoin. I'm not expecting everyone to return though, several players had dropped from the games even before my own absence.

It'll likely be a few weeks before I know for sure, as I want to give the old players a fair chance to reply to my messages (which I've yet to send!). :)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”