Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
zerostate
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Getting back into it...

Post by zerostate »

Hi,

I'm looking for a game - haven't played since the 90s, although I have the current edition rules and other bits (including Invicta, and DA).

I'd prefer a classic era or Gaslight game, but am not that fussy to be honest.

Chris
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Getting back into it...

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Zerostate! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. The newest game I'm running is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game started over eight months ago and is getting close to finishing, but I can still add you in if you're willing to take over a character that has been abandoned. It's a bit late to add in new characters from 1930. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start this summer, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in the future. However, that one will only have pregenerated characters (aside from the surviving TARDIS crew from the first game).

I run two other games here that you could join as well, though they aren't Classic or Gaslight. They've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over two years, but it's moving fairly slowly. Many characters have been abandoned, and I only have one active player left. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for almost five years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. You could choose pregenerated characters and/or you could create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
zerostate
Initiate
Initiate

Post by zerostate »

I'd be interested in taking on a character in the 1969 game.

Chris
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! You've picked a good time to join Space Oddity, as one of our absent players has just returned, so now we're up to three. You're free to pick any of the existing characters except for Bill Johns and Kathleen Scott (both of whom have active players), or you may create your own. You mentioned that you'd like to play one of the cops, so here are the ones you may choose, along with which Life on Mars character they not-so-coincidentally resemble:
Lieutenant John Yeager (Gene Hunt)
Sergeant Charlie Rawlings (Ray Carling)
Detective Harry Sawyer (Chris Skelton)
Officer Amy Cooper (Annie Cartwright)

Or you could always create a police detective of your own that would be part of Lt. Yeager's unit. Only a handful of them have been named and described already.

Once you let me know which character you'd like to play, I'll tell you which threads (or portions of threads) you should read in order to catch up. All of them except Amy have character sheets in the Character Sheets thread already, but I have her sheet on paper and can post one up if you choose her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
zerostate
Initiate
Initiate

Post by zerostate »

In that case I'd kind of like to create my own detective - I'll be in contact via PM with one soonish...
zielonobrody
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by zielonobrody »

I believe I have a vacancy or two in my game "The Haunting". If you've never played it and would be interested in jumping in, I have a journalist that hasn't seen any game, but could be easily introduced. PM me in any case. 1920's Boston, MA.
"Let's eat dung, millions of flies can't be wrong." Valdemar Baldhead

Return to “Players Looking For Games”