new looking for game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
insanitymanifested35
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years

new looking for game

Post by insanitymanifested35 »

OK I'm new to call of cthulhu so i need a game and a patient group willing to walk me through a game. and any tips on role playing an insane character would help the only signals i send is weird not insane but that is partly because I can not actually be there. :lol:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: new looking for game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, insanitymanifested35! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. The newest game I'm running is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game started eight months ago and is more than 3/4 over, but I can still add you in if you're willing to take over a character that has been abandoned. It's a bit late to add in new characters from 1930. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start this summer, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in the future.

I run two other games here that you could join as well, though they've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for two years, but it's moving fairly slowly. Many characters have been abandoned, and I only have one active player left. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for almost five years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. You could choose pregenerated characters and/or you could create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
insanitymanifested35
Layman
Layman

I would not mind playing an abandoned character i just need the character's personality info and any disorders he may have gotten with the loss of sanity as well as his other stats as for zombie apocalypse if sanity is in danger then my characters going to fit right in other wise I'm not so sure
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I think Zombie Apocalypse is definitely for you, then. There's a lot of Sanity loss involved. Many of the characters there have been broken mentally, and some of them even have Sanity in the single digits. One character had been at 1 Sanity for quite some time and in the end hit 0 by his player's own choice. The Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 6 forum lists pre-generated characters, and you can see which ones are still alive and available. Those played by players who are listed as MIA are available as well. You probably want to choose characters that were added in the most recent chapters unless you want to do a lot of catching up. You can also create new characters, following the instructions in the Rules and Guidelines thread in the main Zombie Apocalypse forum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
insanitymanifested35
Layman
Layman

thanks alot I will be sure to join my characters are quite unique so I think every one will be happy :D

by the way do you mean i can create my own character or use one that's alive? because I have a specific mental disorder combo in mind.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! You're allowed to have multiple characters in Zombie Apocalypse. In fact, this is encouraged, as the game is highly lethal. The maximum number of characters you are allowed to have at any one time is four, though three is the recommended number. You may create one character for the Gold section (Warren Air Force Base) and/or one for the Omaha section (Omaha, Nebraska). You may also take one or more available surviving pregenerated characters. Sword has only pregenerated characters available at this time. You may not take Raquel Orozco or Dan Aldrich, but Katarina Iliescu is available. The full instructions for choosing and creating characters can be found in the Rules and Guidelines thread in the main Zombie Apocalypse forum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”