Dang I'm bored.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Dang I'm bored.

Post by ImpInTraining »

Half the games I join on here stop abruptly ... either with the keeper saying some life-changing event is happening, or not saying anything at all. At any rate, it's very disappointing.

Is it so impossible to find a dedicated long-term Keeper to run a game that I can join and enjoy for more than a couple months? Yeah, Mr. Handy... I know your Zombie Apocalypse game and Terror out of Time games are long term, and I really appreciate participating in them. Just looking for ... more of the same. Not really interested in throwing in yet another character in zombie apocalypse because I think it would get a little confusing for me.

So how about it... anyone out there (besides Mr. Handy) interested in running a long term campaign for real?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Dang I'm bored.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Imp! The Terror Out of Time is actually a short game - it started about seven months ago and is nearly 75% done - but it is the first game in a planned campaign that is long-term. I'd like to see more Keepers running long-term games too. It would be great if some of the old hands like Raiko, Welsh, and Laraqua would return for good. Laraqua's Ash has been an awesome long-term game, but without her around much it hasn't progressed very far recently. I'd also like to see some new Keepers who are willing to stick around.

Syrinx does have a good track record for finishing games, and they're a lot of fun. He's got two under his belt in the Hall of Fame (both of which are part of the same campaign), which is one more than anyone else has. He's wrapping up one of his games now, in fact. Maybe he'll be starting up another one if he has time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I'm in In Media Res - Syrinx game... but he's gone quiet as well. :(
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sorry, ImpInTraining. An update is due for tonight. Been busy over at a Spanish site. My apologies.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

yay!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

*sigh* still bored... any games out there need someone who is a die-hard gamer?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You haven't posted for Donald in Zombie Apocalypse in some time. I've been waiting for you to make a roll there. You're also free to pick up additional characters if you like. If you want to get into a different game, you could join Space Oddity and hopefully breathe new life into it. We only have two players left at the moment, as a lot of players disappeared, so there are plenty of abandoned characters. You could take one of them over, or you could create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I hadn't seen a new message indicator in Donalds thread in a long time. Didn't even realize there was something else going on there. And thanks, but I'm not going to throw another character into Zombie Apocalypse. One is plenty enough to focus on.

But about Space Oddity... Definitely doable. Let me look into it some more...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've heard that the new message indicator doesn't always work. I think it might be that if you're logged in when a new message appears, you can miss it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

I think that old "the new post indicate didn't work" excuse is just a lame cop-out. Try as you might, you can never replicate it. It is far more likely that someone did go into the thread and just doesn't recall. LOL. See... I'm free to make those accusations here.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”