Looking for a game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
xjd127x
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Looking for a game

Post by xjd127x »

Hi there i'm new overall to CoC, got intersted after hearing some actual play podcasts and sort of understand the principle of CoC, i have no option to play with local
friends because i live in Mexico which has close to 0 roleplaying stores or the sort.
I have some experience on the ways of rpg and have been playing D&D with some friends for a while.
I would like to find a voip game but i also figure pbp might lend itself too for roleplaying purposes.
please contanct me if anyone can offer something that might be helpfull.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Looking for a game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, xjd127x! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. The newest game I'm running is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game started almost six months ago and is more than halfway over, but I can still add you in. I'm looking for replacement players for wastrel Russell Bates, cryptozoologist Astor Weldon, and astrophysicist Stephen J. Halley. Alternatively, you could create your own character from 1930. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start this spring, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in the future.

I run two other games here that you could join as well, though they've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for close to two years, but it's moving fairly slowly. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for over four and a half years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. You could choose pregenerated characters and/or you could create your own.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
xjd127x
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by xjd127x »

Thanks for the warm welcoming, Since my knowledge of mythos is close to...ok it is 0, ill take the astrophysisist, since I'm new ill take the pregen to avoid screwing up,
also thanks for the invite to other games but i will start slow since this is the first time im doing call of cthulhu, (note it in the point that i probably wrote that wrong), please send me some indeications, character sheet and link to the game, thx.
msn: matanui127@hotmail.com
e-mail: xjd127x@gmail.com
gamertag: xjd127x
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

No problem, and welcome aboard! You can find the forum for The Terror Out of Time here. Character sheets are in the Cast of Characters thread; you can find yours here. You may read the Introduction thread in the Episode 1 subforum here. Other than that, the only In Character thread you may read is your own, called Mind the Gap, which can be found here. Once you've read it, you may start posting in Mind the Gap any time you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”