Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Returning

Post by amarriner »

Hey all,
I'm a returning Player/Keeper who is looking for a game! :) I'm interested in the 1920's or Gaslight era.

Just by way of re-introduction, I played in a few games a couple years back and was keeping a game called The Condemned, but personal life kind of got in the way and things fell apart as far as my visiting this site goes. My apologies to those keepers and players from back then if they're still around. Hoping to get back on track in a better way this time. I'm hoping to work my way back into keeping a more modest game this time as well as playing.

Cheers
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Returning

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, amarriner! If you ever decide to resume running The Condemned, I can resurrect it from the Graveyard. Its essential saltes are still there.

You'd be welcome to join any of my games. Zombie Apocalypse is modern and Space Oddity takes place in 1969, so they may not be what you'd like best. My Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game The Terror Out of Time is pretty close to what you're looking for. It takes place in London in 1930. It's well past the halfway mark, but you could still join in by taking over an abandoned character. It is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, called The Ninth Planet, will start not long after this one concludes (probably in the spring), but it takes place in the future. I don't know if the campaign will revisit the classic era, but a Gaslight scenario is practically a certainty at some point.

There aren't a whole lot of active Classic Era games on the board, and no Gaslight ones. Other than The Terror Out of Time, only Secrets of the Middle East has seen recent activity - its Keeper has returned from a hiatus as well. The Haunting should be resuming in a few weeks as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Hey Mr. Handy, thanks for the welcome back. :)

Hmm, well I'm certainly interested in bringing back the Condemned. I'd have to read up on it again, but I was considering trying to get a game going again. Is there anyway I can peruse it as it is? I guess, yeah, I'd love to try to finish it up. Thanks!

Thanks, too, for the offer of your games. Of them, The Terror Out of Time seems more my speed at the moment (as you suspected). So I'd love to give it a shot!
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! Are you able to see The Graveyard when you're logged in? It should be near the bottom. If not, it's possible that only Keepers can see it, and you were never added to the Keepers group. I'll add you to that now. Let me know if you still can't see it. When you're ready for The Condemned to go live again, let me know and I'll move it from The Graveyard to Classic Era.

The best way for you to join The Terror Out of Time would be for you to take over an existing character. If none of them suit you, you could create your own and I'd find a way to fit you in. The simplest way to add you would be for you to take over Gareth Hayes, security guard at the British Museum, but he'd require the most catching up, as he's been part of the story from the beginning. The player who was supposed to take him over never did, so he's available. He won't have much to do right away, as he's currently standing guard, but he may play a bigger part in Episode 4 when that begins. You'd also have some time to read his backstory in that case. Currently we're most of the way through Episode 3, and I expect Episode 4 to start in early February (with a break of a couple weeks starting on February 10, when I go on vacation) or possibly early March.

There are also four newly added characters in Episode 3, but their players haven't been posting much. If they don't return and nobody wants to take one of them over I may simply drop that section of the game. Wastrel Russell Bates and orphanage matron Lena Palmer are available, as their players have been missing for weeks. The players of astrophysicist Stephen Halley and zoologist Astor Weldon haven't been gone as long, so they're not available yet, but if you're interested in one of them you could wait to see if they return. All of the character sheets can be seen in the Cast of Characters thread in the game forum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, Amarriner! Mr.Handy!
Regarding the Graveyard: Here, keepers can´t see the actual forum in the index. One has to be logged in and use an old link to get there. (I use the one in the Horror on the Orient Express in the I´d like to start a game thread.)

My guess is that only global mods and admins are having visibility for the last stop.

Cheers!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Russell's player just returned, so his character is no longer up for grabs. That leaves Gareth Hayes and Lena Palmer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Hey again guys. I was able to read through the old Condemned pages just fine. I actually just did a google search for the URL of the forum and "The Condemned" and that worked. :) I'd definitely like to start it back up but what's the best way of recruiting? I imagine not all players are still here and/or interested in playing (though you were in it Syrinx!). That said I'd kinda like if we could continue with at least a couple of the original characters. I imagine many players would prefer to create their own though. So if you guys have any thoughts on restarting I'd be much obliged!

As for your game Mr. Handy, I'll take over Gareth Hayes. I'll see what I can do about getting read up on the story threads and get going whenever it's convenient for you. Thanks again!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Conjuring up some old memories, of a game passed... Yes, Rascee Timms, that´s it. I was in that game! Cool. Sure, let´s start it up again.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! To catch up on Gareth's story, you'll need to look at both Blast from the Past and Fright at the Museum in Episode 1, as he sort of goes between both threads. After that, you'll need to read All Together Now (also in Episode 1). You'll stop at the post on the last page where Gareth leaves the room and then pick up again in the Episode 2 thread Guard Duty (on the main forum). When you finish, a hyperlink will direct you to Are You My Mummy? You'll stop reading at the point not far from the top of page 2 of that thread where almost everyone else leaves the room. I think I added a hyperlink there too. At that point, you'll return to Guard Duty briefly before a hyperlink sends you to The Lion's Den. This will lead you to The Exchange, and finally Death From Below in Episode 3. Gareth remains behind on guard duty again at a certain point in that thread, so you'll need to stop reading at that point. When I have time, I'll set up a new thread for Gareth.

I'll move The Condemned back to the Classic Era from the Graveyard. You'll probably want to post advertising that the game is resuming in Existing Games Looking for Players and PM former players who are still around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

Alright thanks. I'll get started on my assignment. :)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”