Player In Need of a Game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Player In Need of a Game

Post by Wryce »

Hello there! I'm interested in joining a game of some sort. I prefer classic Cthulhu, however, I am open to other settings as well. I'm relatively experienced when it comes to gaming, though not as much via play by post.

Thanks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Player In Need of a Game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Wryce! You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. The one that's closest to what you're looking for is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game is about halfway over, but I can still add you in. I'm looking for a replacement player for Grit Wilson, treasure hunter. Alternatively, you could create your own character from 1930. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start next spring, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in the future.

I run two other games here that you could join as well, but again you might not like the era and they've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over a year and a half, but it's moving fairly slowly. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for four and a half years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. I'm planning to add two new pregenerated characters to that soon, and/or you could create your own or take other pregens.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Wryce
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by Wryce »

Both The Terror Out of Time and Zombie Apocalypse have my interest. I would gladly join both, if you don't mind. Let me know what I need to know and/or do to get started.

Edit: I went ahead and read the sections of Terror Out of Time featuring Grit, and I'd be willing to pick him up. I don't even know where to start with Zombie Apocalypse. There's a lot of material to cover there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! You can find Grit's character sheet in the Character Sheets thread. If you've already caught up on his threads in Episodes 1 and 2, you can go ahead and start posting for him in his Episode 3 thread, Death from Below.

Zombie Apocalypse is enormous, but the good news is that you don't have to read all that much of it. Chapters 1 and 2 are free for everyone to read and can be found on links in The Story So Far... They're good, but they're very long. Fortunately, you don't have to read them unless you want to play a character who has been around since nearly the beginning of the game. There are only a few of them left anyway. For later chapters, you are only allowed to read IC threads (or portions of them) when you have a character present. This makes it less difficult to keep up.

The best place to start is with the Rules and Guidelines thread. You can also check out the Character Sheets under Chapter 6 for pregenerated characters that are available and that you might be interested in. Those characters added in Chapter 6 need the least catching up, but they have all been claimed. However, Misfit hasn't posted in a very long time, so his characters are up for grabs. This includes the recently added Staff Sergeant Derek Morrison in the Gold section, though he is very badly injured. Brian Stevenson was added late in Chapter 5, so he doesn't have a whole lot of catching up required either. Also, this weekend (perhaps even tomorrow), I'm going to add two new characters to the Sword section. They will require no catching up whatsoever, and you may want to choose one of them. You may also create one or two of your own characters for the Gold and Omaha sections. The instructions are found in the next to last post of the Rules and Guidelines thread. I can help you through the process if you have questions. You are allowed to play multiple characters, and in fact I encourage it. Four is the maximum allowed, and three is the recommended number. You may play with only one if you like, but this is a very lethal game.

You may post your character selections in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread on the main forum, which is also where you'd post to create characters or ask questions about such. When you've chosen or created your characters, I'll send you their secrets in a PM. Once you've caught up on their backstory (if any) and read their secrets, you'll be able to start posting in their current IC thread(s).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”