Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Mendolin
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Want to join new or pretty new game

Post by Mendolin »

Hi,

i'm new and read through one adventure here.
I want to join a game now myself.
I'm familiar with playing CoC "offline".

It would be nice if anybody could suggest me a new or pretty new game that I can join.

Greetings
Mendolin

PS: I'm no native english speaker but I'm trying not to sound too strange.
Mendolin
Layman
Layman

Re: Want to join new or pretty new game

Post by Mendolin »

I forgot:

I'd prefer inter war period.
Actually older eras would also do.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, Mendolin. As for new games: the last games on each type of setting in the forum are the newest ones started. Mr Handy has a Dr Who scenario which is quite new. It´s partially in the 1930´s.
I´ve just started a modern era game in a Resident Evil setting. I can find room for another character.

Some of the games on here are resuscitated from time to time, and never really die, that´s why some games have quite long lapses in posts. Some of those games generally are played in chapters with new characters coming and going. Any of those could be worth applying to. I´m not sure if this helped, but welcome all the same!

So, which game did you peruse :?:

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Mendolin! I'm running a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game called The Terror Out of Time set in 1930 London that's pretty new, and you'd be welcome to join. It only started in August, though it moves fairly quickly and is almost halfway done. I'm already adding one new player, so I can probably start both of you off together. This is the first adventure in a planned series, and I intend to start the second one, The Ninth Planet, early next year. That adventure takes place in the future, however, so it may not be exactly what you want. Other adventures will take place in a variety of eras and locations.

I run two other games here that you could join as well, but again you might not like the era and they've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over a year and a half, but it's moving fairly slowly. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for almost four and a half years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mendolin
Layman
Layman

Post by Mendolin »

Syrinx wrote: I´ve just started a modern era game in a Resident Evil setting. I can find room for another character.
Hi Syrinx,

thx for the introduction.
Though your game sounds fun, I normally don't like modern settings.

Thx anyway.

EDIT: I see you are currently keeping a one shot game... I'm also interested in one-shots.
Last edited by Mendolin on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mendolin
Layman
Layman

Post by Mendolin »

Mr. Handy wrote:Welcome, Mendolin! I'm running a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game called The Terror Out of Time set in 1930 London that's pretty new, and you'd be welcome to join.
Hi Mr. Handy,

so I'm interested. What do I have to do to join?

Greetings
Mendolin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You'll need to create a character from 1930. The thread called The Companion's Companion will give you character creation instructions. Since you're local to the time period, you'll need to roll 1d10 for wealth in addition to the other things you're required to do. If you have any questions, you can ask them in that thread and I'll get back to you. Feel free to join in the OOC chat thread, The Zero Room. You won't need to read any of the IC threads to catch up, and in fact you won't be allowed to read any IC threads that don't involve your character yet (except for the Introduction in Episode 1). Welcome aboard, and have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”