Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
amunptah
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Newbie looking to play

Post by amunptah »

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to the CoC RPG and to online play. I would love to get in on a classic-era game and finally experience how the game plays (and make use of my rulebook on the shelf!). If anyone is starting a game, particularly a shorter scenario, I would love to join!
Cheers!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Newbie looking to play

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, amunptah! I'm running three games, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them, but they're already underway and might not be exactly what you're seeking. Zombie Apocalypse is non-Mythos modern survival horror, though it has its own mythology that is similar. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. Both games have been running for quite a while, but you could jump in without too much difficulty.

The Terror Out of Time is classic era, set in London in 1930. It is a combination of classic Doctor Who and Call of Cthulhu. I just started it a few months ago, and it is almost halfway done, but you could still join in with a character from 1930. It is the first adventure in a planned series, but the adventures will all take place in different places and times. The next adventure, The Ninth Planet, should start early next year, but it definitely won't be classic era.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
amunptah
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by amunptah »

The Terror Out of Time sounds good. I don't know anything about Doctor Who, but it would be good to get used to the rules in a classic era game. What do I need to do to get started?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! You'll be playing someone from 1930 who has no knowledge of Time Lords or anything of the sort, so it's perfectly fine if you don't know anything about Doctor Who. In order to get started, you'll need to follow the character creation instructions in the thread called The Companion's Companion. Since 1930 is your native time, you will need to roll 1d10 for wealth as well. Your character can be pretty much anyone who would be in London in 1930. You don't have to live there, you just have to be there for some reason. Feel free to post in that thread as you build your character. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them, though I'll be away without Internet access until Sunday night.

You don't need to read any of the IC threads, and in fact the only one you're allowed to read for now is Introduction (in Episode 1). You can jump in on the OOC thread any time you like. Once your character is created and approved, I'll put you in a new thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”