He watches me from inside my head

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Master Blaster
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

He watches me from inside my head

Post by Master Blaster »

I'm new to the boards, and its been a while sinse I last played CoC. Any free slots? I would love to give delta green a bash.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: He watches me from inside my head

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Master Blaster! I run three games here, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them, though none of them are Delta Green.

Zombie Apocalypse has been running for almost four and a half years, but Chapter 6 just started not too long ago, so you could jump in without too much difficulty or catching up. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, but it has its own mythology that is similar to the Mythos in some ways. There are other monsters besides zombies involved - and some of the worst ones are human.

Space Oddity has been running for a year and a half, but it's still fairly early on and moves slowly. It's inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in Philadelphia in 1969. There are several characters that have been abandoned by their players and could be taken over (right now we only have three active players), or you could create your own.

The Terror Out of Time is a combination of classic Doctor Who and classic Call of Cthulhu set in 1930 London. It only started in August, but it's moving relatively quickly. We're most of the way through the second "episode" (out of a probable four). I've had a few players abandon the game, most of whose characters have been taken over. but one character is available for a new player: treasure hunter Grit Wilson. You could also perhaps create a new character from 1930. Local characters may possibly become companions and join the TARDIS crew after this adventure, and I have a series of connected adventures planned set in various times and places. The second one will likely start early next year and is going to be called The Ninth Planet, though it won't be classic era and the only local characters will be pregenerated.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Master Blaster
Layman
Layman

Post by Master Blaster »

Hello Mr. Handy.

I like the sound of the Zombie Apocalypse and would love to get involved. However, I am totally confused by the set-up and not really sure where to join in?!

From what I understand, Gold, Sword and Omaha are all different groups in different areas?

What characters are available to take over?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, those are the three different sections. Gold takes place in Warren Air Force Base, Sword takes place in western Nebraska, and Omaha takes place in Omaha, Nebraska. There are quite a few pregenerated characters available to be taken over, but most of them have been around a while and would need a good deal of catching up. In Gold, Captain Claire Kelleher, Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew, and Airman Marcus Winters are all available. They were added in Chapter 5, so there will still be a decent amount of back reading required for any of them. Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez is played by someone, but her player hasn't posted for a few weeks. Other available characters were added in Chapter 4 or even late Chapter 3. In Sword, only two characters are available, and both were added in Chapter 4, so they'll need even more catching up. Raquel Orozco has been bitten and is doomed, so you wouldn't want to play her. Lara Voronova is in a terrible situation that may be about to get worse, so you probably wouldn't want to play her either. In Omaha, Detective Gretchen Ehrlich was added at the start of Chapter 6 and requires only a little catching up. Nobody has played her, so she is up for grabs. Brian Stevenson was added late in Chapter 5, and he has long since been abandoned by his player, so he's available too. John Lake also came along late in Chapter 5, and his player is the same one who played Jessica Valdez, so he's available as welll. John Lee and Erin Halloran were added at the start of Chapter 5 and are available. There are many characters available in Omaha that were added in Chapter 4, and some were added even earlier than that.

You may also create one or two characters of your own, one in Gold and/or one in Omaha. The full instructions are in the next-to-last post of the Rules and Guidelines thread. You may have multiple characters, and it is in fact recommended, though it's best if the characters you play are not together (and preferably not in the same section). You may choose a combination of pregenerated characters and those you create yourself. You may use the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread to let me know which characters you'd like to play and to build your own characters. If you have questions about that, you can post them there. You may also post freely in the OOC thread in the Chapter 6 subforum. The Character Sheets thread there lists the details of all playable characters, and the Locations and Weapons thread is highly useful too. It gives a list of hyperlinks next to each character that lets you know exactly which threads (or portions of threads) you need to read to catch up on his or her backstory. You may not read IC threads (or portions of them) where you do not have a character. If you follow the chain of links, you should have no problem. I'll also send you the secrets for your selected or created characters via PM. Once you've read the secrets (and the IC threads, in the case of pregenerated characters), you'll be ready to start posting for your characters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Master Blaster
Layman
Layman

Post by Master Blaster »

I like the sound of Captain Claire Kelleher and Detective Gretchen Ehrlich. I'm busy reading up on chapter 6 now. I might be up to speed and ready to post by the end of the weekend.

From running games on other PbP sites...... I have no idea how you are managing this. Staggering really! :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! I've sent you a PM with secrets for both Claire and Gretchen. Note that you'll also need to read some of Chapter 5 to catch up on their backgrounds, not just Chapter 6. For Gretchen, you should read After the End in Chapter 5. This will fill you in on what happened at the police station. She was present for much of it, and John Lake would have told her the rest. Once you've caught up on your characters' threads in Chapters 5 and 6 and read their secrets, you may start posting in their current IC threads.

I don't know how I'm managing it either. And I'm running two other games besides this one, though they are much, much smaller.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”