Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Houngan
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Looking for a game

Post by Houngan »

Hello all,

I've been looking to get involved in some PBP for a little while now and having tried one or two games (non Cthulhu) at other sites they seem to have petered out pretty quickly. Now I've come across Play@YDSC and it seems like you have a great community going here with some dedicated GMs and players.

Anyway... If there is an opening somewhere I think this site is a place I would like to get involved with, and although my actual playing experience is limited, I have always liked Call of Cthulhu. Is anyone planning on starting a game soon or are there any openings in an existing one?

Ta.

Martin.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Looking for a game

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi, Martin!
Welcome to the board! I´m just starting a game set in the land of Umbrella Corp. It´s currently kind of full, though. On the other hand, Mr H, has a few games going... Both with zombies and without. I´m sure he´ll drop a line here quite soon 8-)

Just wanted to say hi, and that I´ll see if there comes an opening later. One never knows what the Bravo team finds when they go looking. The game´s called In media res. Have a read and let me know if you want me to create an opening. We have till December 1 to do some magic. The game is in pre-game mode atm. Players can post but the action begins when the team set feet on the roof of the mall. Not just yet.... Game location

Houngan:
Spoiler:
So, what am I saying is there a spot or not? Can you come up with a plan to argue why a character should be at the area around the mall - when the police has cleared it? Or maybe someone alive inside when the gas has killed everyone? Inside the helicopter there are one living soul not taken. (I play the team leader) The pilot! Should he or she be viable for selection? Sgt Ferrer. former team leader is free... But he´s not coming to play until later in the game.
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, welcome, Martin! I run three games here, and you'd be welcome to join any or all of them.

Zombie Apocalypse has been running for almost four and a half years, but Chapter 6 just started not too long ago, so you could jump in without too much difficulty or catching up. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, but it has its own mythology that is similar to the Mythos in some ways. There are other monsters besides zombies involved - and some of the worst ones are human.

Space Oddity has been running for a year and a half, but it's still fairly early on and moves slowly. It's inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in Philadelphia in 1969. There are several characters that have been abandoned by their players and could be taken over (right now we only have three active players), or you could create your own.

The Terror Out of Time is a combination of classic Doctor Who and classic Call of Cthulhu set in 1930 London. It only started in August, but it's moving relatively quickly. We're most of the way through the second "episode" (out of a probable four). I've had a few players abandon the game, so their characters are available for new players. In particular, I'm looking for a replacement for Lucius Verres, a finder and one of the Time Lord's companions who hails from the Republic of Rome. You could also perhaps create a new character from 1930. Local characters may possibly become companions and join the TARDIS crew after this adventure, and I have a series of connected adventures planned set in various times and places. The second one will likely start early next year and is going to be called The Ninth Planet, though it won't be classic era and the only local characters will be pregenerated.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Houngan
Layman
Layman

Post by Houngan »

Hey, thanks for the speedy replies guys!

I think I'd like to get involved in two of the above games, and I'm confident I have the time for them.

Firstly, Syrinx, In Media Res sounds very cool. I've always liked Resi and being in a game from near enough the beginning is very appealing. I've been thinking about the prospect of a sole survivor in the mall and it's a tricky one to be honest. I like the idea of playing a civvy when most (if not all) of the other 'investigators' and from the armed forces. Having survived the gas does throw somewhat of a spanner in the works though. Perhaps a maintenance guy who was in some sort or service area when the Red Queen released the gas, a place not linked to the ventilation system of the rest of the mall. Maybe a storage area or another out building of some sort? Now he's holed up alone, afraid, confused and armed with nothing other than a big wrench!

My Handy - It's obvious from the length of time your games have been running that something is working right and I'm very keen to avoid another game that fizzle out after a few weeks. Something more classic CoC sounds good, and a Time Lord twist surely can't be a bad thing! I'd be willing to take on Lucius Verres, I must admit to being a little confused by the occupation of 'finder' though? Is there some back reading I can do to point me in the right direction?

Once again, thanks for the offers!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Great! I found a space for your maintenance guy. Check your in-box!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and welcome aboard, Houngan! You're now playing Lucius Verres. A finder is the Ancient Roman equivalent of a private eye, basically. I used the Cthulhu Invictus character sheet (with some slight modifications) for him. You'll find the forum for The Terror Out of Time here. Feel free to post in the OOC thread, The Zero Room, and introduce yourself.

You'll need to read through what Lucius has experienced in Episode 1 and in Episode 2 so far, which is mostly completed. In the Episode 1 subforum, you'll start by reading the Introduction and then Inside the Spaceship. You may only read the IC threads your character has been through, at least for now. In each thread, you'll be shown a hyperlink that will take you to a new thread when your character moves to one. After Inside the Spaceship, you'll need to read Blast from the Past, All Together Now, and Horror Down Below. Then, in Episode 2 (in the main forum), you'll read Underworld, Are You My Mummy?, Reunited, and Best Laid Plans. Once you've caught up, you can go ahead and post in your current thread. That's Best Laid Plans at the moment, though I intend to move everyone to a new thread soon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Houngan
Layman
Layman

Post by Houngan »

Sounds good. I'll start catching up ASAP.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”