Hi. Can I play?

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
JonHook
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Hi. Can I play?

Post by JonHook »

Hi. My name is Jon, and I'm looking to play some CoC. I'd love to play in a game that is just getting started, but if a Keeper thought I could join a game already in progress, then I'd consider that too. I have always played in classic-setting games, but a different setting would be cool too.
-Jon
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Hi. Can I play?

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome! You sure can! My games are already underway, but you're welcome to join any or all of them.

Zombie Apocalypse has been running for almost four and a half years, but Chapter 6 just started not too long ago, so you could jump in without too much difficulty or catching up. It's modern non-Mythos survival horror, but it has its own mythology that is similar to the Mythos in some ways. There are other monsters besides zombies involved - and some of the worst ones are human.

Space Oddity has been running for a year and a half, but it's still fairly early on and moves slowly. It's inspired by Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and is set in Philadelphia in 1969. There are several characters that have been abandoned by their players and could be taken over, or you could create your own.

The Terror Out of Time is probably the closest to what you're looking for. It's a combination of classic Doctor Who and classic Call of Cthulhu. It only started in August, but it's moving relatively quickly. We're most of the way through the second "episode" (out of a probable four). I've had a few players abandon the game, so their characters are available for new players. In particular, I'm looking for a replacement for Lucius Verres, a finder and one of the Time Lord's companions who hails from the Republic of Rome. You could also perhaps create a new character from 1930. Local characters may possibly become companions and join the TARDIS crew after this adventure, and I have a series of connected adventures planned set in various times and places. The second one will likely start early next year and is going to be called The Ninth Planet, though it won't be classic era and the only local characters will be pregenerated.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
JonHook
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by JonHook »

Hey Mr. Handy, The Terror Out of Time does sound like fun, so does Space Oddity. Besides the Cthulhu Mythos, I'm a huge fan of both Doctor Who and Life on Mars. I'm torn.

I don't think I have time enough for two games. Is there Mythos in Space Oddity?
-Jon
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, there's Mythos in both games, but it may be a bit harder to find in Space Oddity. Space Oddity does move slower, but I think The Terror Out of Time is more fun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
JonHook
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by JonHook »

Ok, Terror Out of Time it is.

What do I need to do?
-Jon
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The forum for the game can be found at this link. Existing characters have their character sheets listed in the Cast of Characters thread. Lucius Verres is available, as are Grit Wilson and Gareth Hayes. Gareth won't have too much to do just yet, but hopefully he will before too much longer. If you want to take one of them over, you can just let me know by posting in The Zero Room (the OOC thread). Then you'll need to catch up on what that character has done so far, starting with the threads in the Episode 1 subforum. You can read the Introduction no matter what. If you're playing Lucius, you should start with Inside the Spaceship after that. For Grit, you'll want to read Fright at the Museum first. Each thread has hyperlinks that direct you to each character's next thread when he leaves, so you can follow your chosen character's story until you've caught up. Make sure you don't read the IC threads that your character hasn't been through. Then you can start posting in the current IC thread for your character (Best Laid Plans in Episode 2). Things get a little more complicated for Gareth, who started out as an NPC and was only taken over in Episode 2, but he is involved in a few of the Episode 1 threads before moving to Guard Duty in Episode 2. If you want to play him, I'll give you special instructions.

If you want to create your own character, you'll want to look at The Companion's Companion for character creation instructions. You'd be creating a character in London in 1930, but you don't necessarily have to be from London - you just have to be there when the adventure happens. I'll find a way to fit you in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”