Apologies.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Apologies.

Post by masonstone »

I'm very sorry for my absence, especially to those with whom I was supposed to be gaming with. I had an unfortunate accident a while back however now I'm back to working order and I'm trying to get back into PBP. I'd like to join in with a game at some point to get back into things, however until then I'll just hang around, see how things are going. :)
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Apologies.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! I'm glad you're doing better, and you'd be welcome to rejoin either or both of my games. Unfortunately, I've already given away your characters to other players in both games. There are other characters still available. Remy's player in Space Oddity has since disappeared, so you could pick him up with little difficulty (other than catching up). The existing characters in Zombie Apocalypse will require some catching up too, or you could create one or more new ones. Chapter 5 is nearing the home stretch, and Chapter 6 is due to start in September.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr.Green
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Mr.Green »

Hi masonstone,

I've had an extended absence myself, but have a small team just starting out in 'Nocturnum' that could use some extra help. The re-start is beginning at chapter two, previous reading is not required.

Mr.Green
-ShoggothPete :mrgreen: -
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

Thank you both for your replies, I'm open to anything you feel like throwing at me so sure, I'll happily join you Mr.Green, and as for your lot Handy, well I'd like to get back into things first but I'd be grateful if I could hop in for ZA chapter 6, someone's gotta drive the supplies to the Triage. Unless of course you have other plans, then I'll be happy to die at Omaha or Juno if that suits the storyline better ;)

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. You can actually have multiple characters in Zombie Apocalypse, and I recommend it. You may create one each in Gold and Omaha. Sword and Juno are limited to pre-gens due to the circumstances, and there are also pre-gens in Gold and Omaha. You can choose any available characters you wish and/or make your own. The pre-gens will allow you to jump right in even before Chapter 5 ends, though you will have to do some catching up. If you create your own characters, I may still be able to get you involved before the end of the chapter. Feel free to create or reserve characters when you're ready.

I also have (long-term) plans for a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, with the first adventure set in 1930 London. I've got my hands full with the games I'm running now, so it'll have to wait until Space Oddity finishes. Zombie Apocalypse doesn't look like it will ever finish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

;) well I suppose I'll clutter up your gold and omaha with some newbies then :D and a doctor who cross sounds excellent too, especially with all the options time travel combined with companions, decendants and cults can offer.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, it should be fun! I wish I could run it now, but I just don't have time yet. The first adventure's working title is called The Terror Out of Time, and the second (set in the early 22nd century on humanity's first base on Pluto) will be called The Ninth Planet, and it's made from the same mold as many of the classic Troughton stories. Companions can come from any era of history as well, and local characters could become companions.

Crew's player hasn't posted in a while. If the absence continues for longer, you might be able to get him back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

sounds cool :P

I'll wait around with the Gold then, see if he comes back, but I was gonna go ahead and roll up an Omaha, just wondering how much I need to read and catch up on for a character who essentially wanders in from the city. (don't wanna have any spoilers ;))

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

For a brand new character, you probably won't have to read anything to catch up at all. You may need to read After the End, depending on where your character starts, but it's fairly short. If the character you create is a police officer or detective, that's where you'll be (it mostly takes place at a police station). There are also a number of civilian survivors there, as well as a federal agent (played by TheGiggles, the same person who took over Crew). TheGiggles hasn't posted in nearly a week now. I'll probably give Crew back to you tomorrow or Monday if there are still no new posts.

EDIT: I just saw that you're working on a looter in Omaha. You could still start in the police station (as a prisoner), or maybe you'll still be on the loose. I'll think about it after I see the character. Also, TheGiggles hasn't posted for Crew in nearly two weeks. Go ahead and take him back at this point; you'll just need to catch up on Triage. You can post for him when you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

thanks and on it now, I should have a bio up for Omaha sometime tonight

Return to “Players Looking For Games”