Looking for a Game

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 14 years

Looking for a Game

Post by gazza567 »

Hi all. I am new here and I am looking to play some CoC online.

I live in Australia and GM / play weekly in a table top game, but you can never have enough of Cthulhu can you?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Looking for a Game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, gazza567! You'd be welcome to join either of my games. Zombie Apocalypse is a lot of fun and easy to jump in and learn, and it always has room for new players. It's modern, and it's also highly lethal survival horror rather than traditional investigative horror. There is some investigation, but staying alive takes priority. It's not Cthulhu Mythos, but it has its own mythology behind it. There are some similar elements, but there are subtle differences. You can (and should) have multiple characters. While there are many pregenerated characters, you also have the option of creating one or two of your own.

My other game, Space Oddity, is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's set in Philadelphia in July 1969, and it's closer to traditional investigative horror. There's all sorts of fun weirdness going on, and it's still early in the game. We have a lot of players already, but I can still squeeze you into that one if you're interested.

I have plenty of ideas for new games, but I can't start another one while I'm running two already. Zombie Apocalypse looks like it will go on forever, but maybe when Space Oddity ends I'll start up a new one. That'll be quite a while, though. It's been nearly a year and we're still in the middle of Chapter 1. My next game will be a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1920s London.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gazza567 »

Your second games sounds interesting. I tend to be more into Investigation style games :)

I will take a look, and thank you for the welcome.
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gazza567 »

I just took a look at both games. Might be interested in the Zombie one as well :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great to hear, and welcome aboard! If you want to play Space Oddity, you can create your own character from any walk of life or take over one of the abandoned ones. If you want one of the Life on Mars-inspired characters, Lieutenant John Yeager (aka Gene Hunt) and Sergeant Charlie Rawlings (aka Ray Carling) are both available. There's also Officer Amy Cooper (aka Annie Cartwright). Taking over another character will require some catching up. See the Character Creation and Discussion thread for details, and feel free to post there if you have any questions.

Zombie Apocalypse has character sheets to show existing characters that you can check out in the Chapter 5 subforum. Most of the characters added in Chapter 5 have been taken, but Senior Airman Sam Wright and Airman Marcus Winters have been abandoned and can be taken over in the Gold section. There are also plenty of characters added in Chapter 4 or earlier, but they'll require a lot more catching up. In addition, you can create one or two characters (one for Gold and/or one for Omaha). Multiple characters are encouraged due to the lethal nature of the game. You'll find details in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread in the main forum, where you can post. The Rules and Guidelines thread has instructions for character creation in the next-to-last post.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gazza567 »

Sorry things went from bad to worse here. I didnt get a chance to join in.

I am back now any chance of playing?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, you'd still be welcome to play any of my games. Zombie Apocalypse is now into Chapter 6, but there's still plenty of room to create characters. There are also many pregenerated characters left, but they've all been added a while ago and will require catching up.

I also started a new game in August, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu crossover called The Terror Out of Time. It's set in 1930 London and moves fairly quickly; it's already nearly halfway done. I'm adding two new players at this point, so I could squeeze you in too if you like. This is also the first in a series of planned adventures in various eras and settings. The next adventure will be set in the future and will be called The Ninth Planet. I plan to start that one next year, after this one finishes (probably in the spring).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
gazza567
Initiate
Initiate

Post by gazza567 »

Sounds like fun. I might take a pre-generate character for the Zombie, and I am interested in the Dr Who / CoC crossover.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Hey there... if you're still looking, I know a place that has plenty of openings. Unfortunately, it's not here. Advertising it in this board is bad taste... so I merely suggest you take a gander at the posts in the Non Play@YSDC Game Needs Players board for more ideas. ;)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”