New player

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

New player

Post by zhirinovsky »

Hi all, I'm brand new to this here board, and ultra new to PBM. I have some experience with CoC, and would love to get back into roleplaying this genre. generally, I'm into the classis Lovecraft setting - 1920's - but anything will do!

So if you've got a game and need a player, please get in touch.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New player

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, zhirinovsky! You'd be welcome to join either of my games. Zombie Apocalypse is a lot of fun and easy to jump in and learn, and it always has room for new players. It's modern, and it's also highly lethal survival horror rather than traditional investigative horror. There is some investigation, but staying alive takes priority. It's not Cthulhu Mythos, but it has its own mythology behind it. There are some similar elements, but there are subtle differences. You can (and should) have multiple characters. While there are many pregenerated characters, you also have the option of creating one or two of your own.

My other game, Space Oddity, is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's set in Philadelphia in July 1969, and it's closer to traditional investigative horror. There's all sorts of fun weirdness going on, and it's still early in the game. We have several players already, but I can still squeeze you into that one if you're interested.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman

Post by zhirinovsky »

hi Mr. Handy, I am very intrigued by your Zombie Apocolypse - especially since I have a thing for zombie survival horror too! May I join in this game? And also, how would I go about it? It sounds like a good introduction to PBEM games.
Thanks very much!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! Yes, of course you can join. Zombie Apocalypse can make a good introduction for new players. The best time to join is between chapters, but you can still join now. If you take pregenerated characters added at the start of Chapter 5 you'll have some catching up to do, but you can also create your own characters. Those I can add in without any catching up needed.

If you'd like to play Zombie Apocalypse, you have the option of choosing from pregenerated characters, creating one or two of your own, or both. The rules for character creation can be found near the end of the Rules and Guidelines thread in the main Zombie Apocalypse forum, and it would help you to review all of it. You can post your partially or fully created characters in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread, also in the main forum. You may create one character in the Gold section, which takes place at Warren Air Force Base near Cheyenne, Wyoming. Your character would either be a member of the U.S. Air Force or a civilian who is on the base (most likely either someone who works there, or a relative of someone who does), and I'll start you off in a new thread. You may instead create a character that was introduced in the thread Triage if you want to jump right in with the other Gold characters. Their names are Airman Phyllis Darrow, Airman Basic Ken Raffin, and Airman Pete Kowalski. Airman Basic Buck Feaster has already been created, but his player has abanoned him and never showed up to play. You may choose him as a pregenerated character if you wish. You are free to create them however you like as long as you are true to how they describe themselves and you use their names. You may create one character in the Omaha section as well as or instead of one in Gold, and this character can be from any walk of life. This section takes place in Omaha, Nebraska, though your character just has to be there for some reason and is not required to live there.

If you wish to choose pregenerated characters to play, whether instead of or in addition to the character(s) you create, you'll need to do some catching up, but not too much. You may review the Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 5 subforum to see everyone's stats, skills, and so forth, as well as which characters are taken and which are available. There are pregenerated characters in Gold, of which you may choose one. The ones still available that were added in Chapter 5 are Captain Claire Kelleher (who will be difficult to play, as she has a lot of responsibility), Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew (abandoned by his former player, also with a lot of responsibility), Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez, and Senior Airman Sam Wright. These last two have some responsibility as well, as they each command a fire team, but they don't have as much as the first two. One character added in Chapter 5, park ranger Julie St. James, is available in the Sword section. In the Omaha section, a couple of characters were added in this chapter: John Lee and Erin Halloran. You may choose one of them if you wish.

You may have any number of characters you wish up to a maximum of four. Three is the recommended number. Once you've made your selections, you should post them in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread. Then I'll send you their secrets and tell you how to get started playing them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman

Post by zhirinovsky »

Brilliant! Thanks for taking time to give a good guideline! I will hopefully look at the Zombie Apocalypse forum either tonight or tomorrow.

Looking forward to playing!
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

I'm looking for two or three replacement players for my Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign - see my recruitment thread here http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =38&t=2287

It's set in the 20s and although it's more pulp horror than classic Lovecraft, it's the classic CoC campaign, very deadly later on.

I'm looking for players who are enthusiastic about taking over an existing character, and can post 4-5 times a week at least in a very long term game.

Note: you won't need to read the existing 5000 posts! I'll provide a synopsis for each character.
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman

Post by zhirinovsky »

Hi Raiko, it looks like you've just got a lot of response to your game! If there's still slots however, I'd love to give it a whirl.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”