Looking for a game!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
deerpoob
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Looking for a game!

Post by deerpoob »

Hey! Im kinda new to PBP, as well as pen and paper rpgs in general, unfortunatly no one around me is really interested in them, so i have turned to the internet to sate my needs XD

Im really interesting in trying out Call of Cthluhu, a friend from across the country was nice enough to give me a sixth edition rulebook for a christmas present, but as I said no one around me is really interested in trying it.

Id be up for just about any sort of Era, but my prefered choices would be pre world war 2, any time before that, wild west, 1920's and beyond!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Looking for a game!

Post by Mr. Handy »

You'd be welcome to join either of my games, but they're probably not exactly what you're looking for. Zombie Apocalypse is a lot of fun and easy to jump in and learn. It's modern, not classic era, and it's also highly lethal survival horror rather than traditional investigative horror. There is some investigation, but staying alive takes priority. It's not Cthulhu Mythos, but it has its own mythology behind it. There are some similar elements, but there are subtle differences. You can (and should) have multiple characters. While there are many pregenerated characters, you also have the option of creating one or two of your own.

My other game, Space Oddity, isn't classic era either, but it's closer. It's inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes set in Philadelphia in July 1969, and it's closer to traditional investigative horror. There's all sorts of fun weirdness going on, and we're really just getting started. I can still squeeze you into that one if you're interested.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Fog Over Buenos Aiares is a CoC game using D20 system. Im looking for 1-2 players that want to enter a running game.

No previously knowledge of the game is needed to have a good game experience.

Any relevant feedback or questions please use this thread and be sure to read the first post->
http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 043#p83634

-A
~Bony End of Story~
deerpoob
Layman
Layman

Post by deerpoob »

Im fine with zombie appocalypse, maybe ill check it out!

Ill defenitly be checking out the COC game thought.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

You might want to look at Syrinx's Rancho Mirago thread. It's just getting underway and looks good with some good players signed on.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Thanks Gaffer! Here´s the link for the recruitment: Nine slots vacant! There´s another link to the actual game there. The game starts on March 1st.

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
deerpoob
Layman
Layman

Post by deerpoob »

hmmm, well Rancho Miragio doesnt seem to be quite what im looking for, and the zombie appocalypse game is simply too large and in depth for me to jump into, thanks for the invitations however!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, but don't be intimidated by the sheer size of Zombie Apocalypse. Only I, the Keeper, need to keep track of the whole monstrous thing. In fact, players are forbidden from reading threads (or portions of threads) where their characters are not present. The beauty of this game is that you can play at whatever depth you want. The whole world is going to hell in a handbasket, but you only need to be concerned with your little corner of it - which is enough. You can only play one or two characters if you wish, and that gives you less to keep track of. You may create or pick a character in the Gold (Warren Air Force Base) and/or Omaha (er, Omaha) sections, and you can jump right in with little to no catching up. You could also play Julie St. James, one of the park rangers in Sword section, with a moderate amount of catching up. The player who wanted her was a no-show, so she's available again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”