New Player, ready to test my sanity against the occult.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
JeckalDied
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

New Player, ready to test my sanity against the occult.

Post by JeckalDied »

Well, hopefully we didn't get off on the wrong foot with the rather cheesy title, dear readers, I simply thought to give it some slight flair.

At any rate, I would love to join a Classic Era game. I will admit to have not having played Call of Cthulhu before, but I have read the rulebook extensively, (I have a habit of buying rulebooks for games that I know no one will play with me in this area, so I'm always excited to find an active website for just such a thing) and I feel that I could learn anything I don't know through experience quickly. I'm not too busy, so posting will definitely not be a problem, for my days always leave me an opportunity for at least one post a day, though almost always more.

So it is my hope, dear readers, that I maybe able to find a game, and with a little patience for a new player, be able to enhance my fellow investigators experience in gazing further and further into what no mortal eyes should see.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: New Player, ready to test my sanity against the occult.

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy's Zombie Apocolypse is not Classic Era, but if you wish to get into pbp, there is no better place to start off. Most characters are pregenerated, so it is easy to join in and get posting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, you'd be welcome to join either of my games, JeckalDied, but they're probably not exactly what you're looking for. Zombie Apocalypse is a lot of fun and easy to jump in and learn. It's modern, not classic era, and it's also highly lethal survival horror rather than traditional investigative horror. There is some investigation, but staying alive takes priority. It's not Cthulhu Mythos, but it has its own mythology behind it. There are some similar elements, but there are subtle differences. You can (and should) have multiple characters. While there are many pregenerated characters, you also have the option of creating one or two of your own.

My other game, Space Oddity, isn't classic era either, but it's closer. It's set in Philadelphia in July 1969, and it's closer to traditional investigative horror. There's all sorts of fun weirdness going on, and we're really just getting started. I can still squeeze you into that one if you're interested.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TakeSolo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by TakeSolo »

I have a game I just posted up in the "I'm Thinking of Running a Game" thread called Death In Luxor

We have two people so far and I'm looking for another 2 or 3. We'd be welcome to have you if you are interested though! :)
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Fog Over Buenos Aiares is a CoC game using D20 system. Im looking for 1-2 players that want to enter a running game.

No previously knowledge of the game is needed to have a good game experience.

Any relevant feedback or questions please use this thread and be sure to read the first post->
http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 043#p83634

-A
~Bony End of Story~

Return to “Players Looking For Games”