Completely new player

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Leon Thomas
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Completely new player

Post by Leon Thomas »

Hello. I am an entirely new Cthulhu player. I am only now learning the rules through the books. I have not played a Cthulhu game yet, but I have experience roleplaying. Is there any game available that would allow me to enter? Bear in mind that I do not yet know the ropes.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Completely new player

Post by kabukiman »

Ask Mr Handy as soon as he return of hollidays; there is always a place in his zombie apocalypse. And there are two campaigns who need players, horror on the river of no return of Welsh and Malleus Calixis of airbornexo
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

We definitely could use some players at RIver of NO Return. Lots of characters up for grabs.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

Welcome, Leon!

You might want to check out Mr. Zombiekiller's new post "The Life and Times of a St. Paul Yegg " in the "I'm Thinking of Running a Game" thread.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Leon! I'd be glad to have you join either or both of my games. Zombie Apocalypse has been going on for over three years, and Chapter 5 started not that long ago. There are a handful of new pregenerated characters to choose from, and you can also create one or two characters of your own if you wish. The new characters require no prior knowledge of the first four chapters, and there isn't that much catching up needed for Chapter 5 so far. Zombie Apocalypse is intense and highly lethal modern-day survival horror, not the sort of traditional investigative horror you may be expecting (there's still some investigation, but much of your efforts would be devoted to simply staying alive), and it does not involve the Mythos as such, but it does have similar elements. Some of our players are also new to the game, and I'd be happy to help you out with learning the rules and ease you into it as I've done with them.

My other game, Space Oddity, started in April and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes (but with Mythosy twists). It's set in Philadelphia in 1969, and we're currently early in Chapter 1. There's still some room to squeeze in someone new. You could either create a new character, or you could take over an existing NPC or one of the abandoned PCs (though those options would require a little back reading).

You can also check the I'm Thinking of Running a Game board, as there are a couple of games that are going to start soon where you could join in at the beginning. There's a new Resident Evil game starting up that I'm going to be playing in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Hi Leon,

If a blend of Call of Cthulhu with Warhammer 40k's Dark Heresy universe appeals then join the good fight against the heretics in the 41st millennium. We are using a lite version of the DH rules but are playing classic coc campaigns ported across to the grim world of WH40k - investigation heavy with pulpy type combat against the minions and disciples of the dark gods!

Cheers, Hal

Return to “Players Looking For Games”