New to PbP

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Kurshami
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

New to PbP

Post by Kurshami »

New to play by post games, have some experience playing Call of Cthulhu with friends, but still generally new to role playing games of this fashion. Wanted to give this a try online.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New to PbP

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Kurshami! I'd be glad to have you join either or both of my games. Zombie Apocalypse has been going on for over three years, and Chapter 4 is just ending. Currently all characters are pre-generated, each with his or her own secrets, though there will soon be opportunities to create your own characters. Some of the characters added during Chapter 4 require only a little catching up in order to play. Chapter 5 will probably start in four weeks, and there will be opportunities to add in characters that require no prior knowledge of the first four chapters. Zombie Apocalypse is intense and highly lethal modern-day survival horror, not the sort of traditional investigative horror you may be expecting (there's still some investigation, but much of your efforts would be devoted to simply staying alive), and it does not involve the Mythos as such, but it does have similar elements.

My other game, Space Oddity, started in April and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes (but with Mythosy twists). It's set in Philadelphia in 1969, and we're currently early in Chapter 1. There's still some room to squeeze in someone new. You could either create a new character, or you could take over an existing NPC or one of the abandoned PCs (though those options would require a little back reading).

You can also check the I'm Thinking of Running a Game board, as there are a couple of games that are going to start soon where you could join in at the beginning.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: New to PbP

Post by welsh »

Huge number of pre-gens available on Horror on the River of No Return. Its WIld West Cthulhu. Pistols, guns, Injuns, mountain men, quick draws and tenticulared beasties!
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal

Return to “Players Looking For Games”