Looking for a Game of Any Kind

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Confession
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Looking for a Game of Any Kind

Post by Confession »

I will begin by saying that I am new to CoC. I have played D20 DnD for years, but never read the CoC rulebooks until recently.

I would be interested in a CoC Campaign of any kind. Do any of you know of one that is available, and accepting of a beginner?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Looking for a Game of Any Kind

Post by kabukiman »

Talk with Welsh or Mr Handy, they both have starting campaigns. And sometimes, older campaigns need new players.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Looking for a Game of Any Kind

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Confession! I'd be glad to have you join either or both of my games. Zombie Apocalypse has been going on for over three years, and is nearing the end of Chapter 4. Currently all characters are pre-generated, though there will soon be opportunities to create your own characters. Some of the characters added during Chapter 4 require only a little catching up in order to play. Chapter 5 will probably start within the next couple months, and there will be opportunities to add in characters that require no prior knowledge of the first four chapters. Zombie Apocalypse is intense and highly lethal modern-day survival horror, not the sort of traditional investigative horror you may be expecting (there's still some investigation, but much of your efforts would be devoted to simply staying alive), and it does not involve the Mythos as such, but it does have similar elements.

My other game, Space Oddity, started in April and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes (but with Mythosy twists). It's set in Philadelphia in 1969, and we're currently transitioning from the prologue to Chapter 1. A couple of players disappeared after a recent site outage, so there's some room to squeeze in someone new. You could either create a new character, or you could take over an existing NPC or one of the abandoned PCs (though those options would require a little back reading).

You can also check the I'm Thinking of Running a Game board, as there are a couple of games that are going to start soon where you could join in at the beginning. Carcosannoble is planning to run one called Cultists at College (where the PCs are cultists), Welsh is going to run a Wild West adventure set in Idaho in the 1850s, Mr Zombie killer just posted an ad for a game he's thinking of running set in a Nazi-occupied part of Russia in WWII. and thewordwasaphex is just starting a modern game set in London called In One Month... I'm playing in that one, and it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. There should still be room for another player.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”