Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Ged
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

New Player seeks Game

Post by Ged »

Hi Guys,

I've played RPGs when I was younger and have been 'dabbling' over the last year or so. I'm looking to get back into Cthulhu and would like to start playing/running games. I've never tried on line games before

I'm a bit of a traditionalist so I prefer the classic 20s and 30s setting but I'm open to anything really.

Cheers,

Ged
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Player seeks Game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Ged! Zombie Apocalypse is always looking for players. While it's a long-running game that's almost three years old, there have been characters added relatively recently that you could play with only a small amount of catching up required. It's modern day survival horror, and while it doesn't involve the Mythos as such, it has its own mythology behind it that has similar elements.

I also recently started a new game called Space Oddity, set in 1969. We've already got eight players, so it would be a tight squeeze to add another, but if you really want to play and you have an interesting character concept I'll see if I can work you in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Caporegime »

Hi Ged,

I'd certainly recommend Mr Handy's games, I'm involved in 'Space Oddity' and 'Handy' certainly puts in a lot of effort to make a great game.

With that said, I'm also starting a classic 1920's campaign called 'Fungi from Yuggoth' (reprinted as 'Day of the Beast'). It's a published scenario rather than a homebrew as it's my first time as an online keeper. We're currently looking for another 1-2 people before we get underway and you'd be welcome to join. The relevant thread can be found here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Capo! Space Oddity is just getting started. It's heavily inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes, but with a different setting and some Mythosy twists. It's a lot of fun running it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ged
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Ged »

Thanks for the offers guys.

I've decided to cut my teeth on the 'Fungi From Yuggoth', I'm such a sucker for that 20s/30s stuff.

I serioulsy doubt that it will be the only game I get involved in though...

Return to “Players Looking For Games”