New Player to roleplaying looking for a game...

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Roryn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

New Player to roleplaying looking for a game...

Post by Roryn »

Well as you can tell by the title, im new to role playing and would like to take part in a game.
any offers :?:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New Player to roleplaying looking for a game...

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Roryn! Zombie Apocalypse is always looking for players. While it's a long-running game that's almost three years old, there have been characters added relatively recently that you could play with only a small amount of catching up required. It's modern day survival horror, and while it doesn't involve the Mythos as such, it has its own mythology behind it that has similar elements.

I also recently started a new game called Space Oddity, set in 1969. We've already got eight players, so it would be a tight squeeze to add another, but if you really want to play and you have an interesting character concept I'll see if I can work you in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Roryn
Layman
Layman

Post by Roryn »

Hi Mr Handy well the offer to take part in the Zombie Apocalypse game looks intresting, how can i sign up and chose characters, and also read the games rules?

thanks

Roryn
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and I'm glad to have you aboard!

The Character Selection and Discussion thread is where you post your character selections. There are instructions in that thread for picking them. You can find a link to them in the post linked below. The Rules and Guidelines thread can also help you get started, and you can find the link in the post linked below as well. The Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 4 subforum has a list of which characters are taken and all of the character sheets (that's also in the post below).

Here is a link to a post I made with instructions for new players. It is a bit dated, but most of it is accurate. You'll need to choose one or more characters. The new characters in the Gold section are your best bet to start with, as they have the least catching up required. There were nine, but two of them are now dead and one has been picked up by another new player, leaving six. You can choose only one of them, but you'll be able to select more characters from the other sections if you wish once you've caught up on their stories. You can only read those IC threads (or parts of threads) in which you have at least one character.

You can always add more characters in the other sections later. In Sword, Raquel Orozco and Lara Voronova are still available, but they're in a very desperate situation right now and you'd have to read a lot more to catch up on their story. In Juno, you can pick from Ho Nguyen and Richard Saxon, though they also have a good deal more catching up required. Kyle Perkins is free too, but you'd also have to go back and read several pages from the end of Chapter 3. There are still many available characters in Omaha, but they have the most catching up needed. You may pick more than one character in Omaha if you wish. You will also probably have the opportunity to create your own characters in Chapter 5, which isn't all that far away.

This thread has more information on the game in general, including a link to the above post. The second page has more recent posts concerning Chapter 4.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Roryn
Layman
Layman

Post by Roryn »

would Captain Nils Johansen, M.D. be available to play?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, you can play Captain Nils Johansen, but I do need to warn you of a couple of things first (I gave this same warning to another new player, who picked Tom Wu instead). He has a wounded leg and is currently at 8 out of 12 HP. He's had some treatment, so he can walk more or less normally at this point, and he can be treated further with Medicine given some time. With the deaths of Major Jaclyn MacPherson and Captain Isaac Drake, he is now in command of the quarantine facility, which is a lot of responsibility. He is now the only doctor left alive - and his head nurse just fainted. He is also largely to blame for Major MacPherson's death, as his wild and inaccurate shooting hit her twice (and it was his own bullet that ricocheted and wounded him). With all that said, if you still want to play him, please confirm it by posting here. Then you'll need to read the thread called Quarantine. Once I send you his secrets and you've read them, you can start posting in that thread. If you want a different character instead, let me know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Roryn
Layman
Layman

Post by Roryn »

ahh best not take him then, for my first time.

how about oscar gomez?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You've got him! I'll send you his secrets in a PM. You should read the thread called Quarantine, which is where you'll be posting for him. Once you've caught up with that thread and read the secrets, you can start posting any time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”