Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
OverTheHills
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years

New to everything

Post by OverTheHills »

Hey.

I've been a fan of Lovecraft for a while now, and ever since I heard about the Call of Cthulhu RPG, I've wanted to try it, but haven't been able to find anyone to play it with. Now, I'm hoping to do it online and get some experience.

So is there anybody on here that is willing to help a new player get along? I have pretty much no experience with pen and paper RPGs, so I'll be completely green, but I'm very willing to learn.

Thanks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New to everything

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, OverTheHills! You'd be welcome to join either of my games, and I can certainly help out players new to the game. Zombie Apocalypse has been running for years now, but you can join in with almost no catching up if you play characters that have been recently added. A number of our players are new, and I can walk you through learning how to play. You also wouldn't have to worry about character creation in that game, as all characters are pregenerated. You would choose which ones you want to play. Zombie Apocalypse is modern survival horror, and while it does not involve the Mythos as such, it has its own mythology with some similar elements.

I'm also starting up a new game called Space Oddity. If you join, you'd be playing a character in Philadelphia in July 1969. This one is more traditional investigative horror, but in a somewhat different setting than usual and with some weird twists. The game hasn't actually started yet, so this would be the perfect time to jump in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”