Request for a game. See inside...

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Request for a game. See inside...

Post by El_Anatomista »

I know its a long shot, but its one game ive tried to get to play for like 10 years.
In on i got to the end of chapter 1, in the other i jumped aboard at chapter 2 and the game died at the beginning fo chapter 4. And 2 times the game never got beyond the introduction.

In periods ive used weeks to find a pbp board with someone playing the game. (not to many CoC boards, less playing the game i want to play).

Curious now?

I just need to play it from beginning to end one in my lifetime. And i rather start now that im around 30 so i can end it before i die of a heart attack at age 80. Pbp has a mysterious tendency to go sloooooooow.

Please make me a happy anatomist and start up: Beyond the Mountains of Madness

If not... periodical whines will be posted. :roll:
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Request for a game. See inside...

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, Raiko has one sitting waiting on the plains of the white continent. It will start again. Apply via PM to the man himself and see what´s happen!
Cheers!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman

Post by El_Anatomista »

That was fast :)

The man himself is Pm'd and i await for answer, thanks!
PerryLambert
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by PerryLambert »

OOh, That would be great. I'd love to get involved with that too, especially as I have just been reading a book about Shackleton.
"I've travelled a bit, and taking the world by and large, it's my experience that with a few exceptions there's nothing wrong with the people on it, if only they were left alone to live as they want to live."

Capt. James Bigglesworth.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi,

Both of my campaigns on here have been on go-slows, as I’ve been very busy at work. Masks is now running again, and I’ll be restarting BtMoM shortly.

I can look into the possibility of bringing you two into the game if you like, but this wouldn’t be a “beginning to end experience” as the adventure has already been running for over two years. The adventure has already moved from New York to Antarctica, via the Panama Canal, the vast Pacific Ocean, a stop over in Australia and the violent Southern Ocean. With murder, sabotage, storms, and mysterious ship wrecks already encountered...

The characters are currently camped in the foothills of the Mountains of Madness themselves, at the site of the doomed 1931 expedition’s camp. This is an exciting point to join the adventure, and there is certainly lots left before the end, but you would have missed out on the slow build up that makes this campaign so good. So you might want to wait until you find someone else crazy enough to run this monstrosity!

If you are still interested, reply here, or drop me another PM. There are plenty of NPCs that you could take over if you are interested and I can try to summarise the “campaign so far” to save a lot of reading.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Easy choise. Im in :)
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Note that i got a new account :)
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Anatomist wrote:Note that i got a new account :)
No worries, I'd noticed that from another thread. :)

BTW, we probably could have fixed your original account if you'd contacted us (the admin team that is).

I'll get back to you soon with a list of available characters, there's also another player who expressed an interest a while ago.

The choice of characters is basically, Kitt Knight a female pilot formerly played by Shadow and Laraqua, or one of the NPCs, as the location precludes the introduction of fresh characters.

Having said that, you would have a relatively free hand in rebuilding an NPC.

I just need to reread some parts of the adventure to double check which NPCs are off-limits, and which ones are especially suitable for PC use. Most of the NPCs are currently at a different location (the expedition base camp), so ideally your character will be on the next flight out to the mountain camp.

I really want one of you to take over Kitt though, so if you fancy the job please volunteer!

Here's a link to Kitt's character sheet (one or two polar related skills are now higher than those displayed.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:
Anatomist wrote:Note that i got a new account :)
No worries, I'd noticed that from another thread. :)

BTW, we probably could have fixed your original account if you'd contacted us (the admin team that is).
Dont worry. This one is good. If you want/can just delete my old account.
Raiko wrote: I really want one of you to take over Kitt though, so if you fancy the job please volunteer!

Here's a link to Kitt's character sheet (one or two polar related skills are now higher than those displayed.
I cant say i would be comfortable taking over Kitt, im already playing a female char. at this board.
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

No problem, I'll get a list of available NPCs posted over the weekend. :)
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman

Post by El_Anatomista »

PerryLambert wrote:OOh, That would be great. I'd love to get involved with that too, especially as I have just been reading a book about Shackleton.
What book is that? I might be intrested to read that :)
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

wrong account that is.
~Bony End of Story~
PerryLambert
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by PerryLambert »

Antarctic Destinies: Scott, Shackleton, and the Changing Face of Heroism (Hambledon Continuum) by Stephanie Barczewski (Hardcover - 15 Dec 2007)

It was a Christmas present from my father-in-law. I alway sput a huge number of books on my Amazon wishlist to make it easier for them to get me presents.
"I've travelled a bit, and taking the world by and large, it's my experience that with a few exceptions there's nothing wrong with the people on it, if only they were left alone to live as they want to live."

Capt. James Bigglesworth.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”