Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Incris
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

New to the Game, looking for experience

Post by Incris »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hello and see if there were any games about which I could possibly become involved in. I recently inherited a bunch of CoC books and I was thought it looked very interesting. I have now read the 6th edition rules and was thinking about running a game for my friends soon, but before that I'd like to do a run as an investigator to get a rough feel for the flow of play and the investigation (the non combat aspects of play are important since I'd like to run a proper Mythos style campaign!).

I am most versed in and have the source book for the 1920's campaign setting but as long as you are willing to bear with my initial ignorance I am happy to play any setting. I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you soon.

Incris
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: New to the Game, looking for experience

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Incris!

While it may not be exactly what you're looking for, Zombie Apocalypse is always looking for new players. It's a modern-day apocalyptic survival horror game. It doesn't involve the Mythos, as it has its own mythology behind it (though there are similar elements), and it does have more combat than a normal CoC game. There are also non-combat aspects to the game, and the keys to survival are cooperation, planning and prioritizing, and clever thinking. Brute force will end up getting people killed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Incris
Layman
Layman

Post by Incris »

Howdie!

Zombie Apocalypse sounds like it could be a lot of fun, I had a quick read of the threads and it seems like it has a fair enough amount of non combat elements. Count me in! If there are characters going of course.

Incris
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, there are plenty of characters to choose from! Welcome to the game! All of the characters are pregenerated. Here is a link to the instructions I gave another new player who joined recently: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 041#p70041

Unfortunately, that player seems to have abandoned the game. Several characters that have been claimed may be up for grabs again soon, as their players haven't posted in weeks. Here's a list of the available characters that were newly added in Chapter 4, broken down by section (it does not include abandoned characters; I hope to do a little housecleaning this weekend and label some of the absent players as MIA):

SWORD:
Alicia Vargas
Katarina Iliescu
Lara Voronova

JUNO:
Helen Stafford
Cynthia Louise

OMAHA:
Laura Shelley
Michelle Marquez
Amelia Delacroix
Becky Clarke
Julianne Landers

Miguel Garcia
Heather Anderson
Roy McCrumb
LaTanya Washington
Teresa Vazquez
Kelly Cameron
Ali al-Tikriti
Lisa Marley
Sunny Kwon

Dr. Helene Saunders, Ph.D.
Tiny
Dr. Liz Somerville
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Incris
Layman
Layman

Post by Incris »

IOkay have read up and I'll take Amelia Delacroix and Dr. Liz Somerville if I may.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You've got them! Let me send you their secrets, and then you can go ahead and post for them. You should also make a Biology roll for Dr. Liz Somerville when you do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”