Newcomer

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Newcomer

Post by Pentadragon »

Ah, well by briefly looking at this forum I can see that these sorts of topics are fairly common with newcomers so I shall try to be quick about this.

I sincerely enjoy Lovecraft. (I have been sitting at my computer for quite some time attempting to figure out how to type that first sentence but I realize now there are not many ways to do so.) I would like to play Call of Cthulhu. However, I have had no prior experience with tabletop games, however. My family and friends were not particularly fond of those sort of things. Despite, thanks to the Internet osmosis. I consider myself fairly familiar with the basics of tabletop games.

I came across CoC from a website called tvtropes.org (which by the way will drain all of your free time away). After quite a bit of searching I came across this forum. Must say that I am very excited to begin.

In a closing note, I think I recall someone posting something about something involving a Zombie Apocalypse. This also interests me. My most sincere apologies if anything above is wrong or I mistakenly posted this twice.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Newcomer

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, Zombie Apocalypse is the game I'm running, and you'd be very welcome to join. It's more a Blood Brothers campaign than anything that involves the Mythos, though there are elements that resemble the Mythos. The game is set in modern times, and the characters are all pregenerated. Players will choose one or more of the available characters (three is the recommended number, and four is the maximum). You can and should play multiple characters, since the game is highly lethal, but with clever play and/or some luck you can stay alive and at least somewhat sane.

I posted instructions for getting started here for Dreamer, the last player to join, and they're still valid (though there are now only four characters still available in the newest batch and one character has since died). Dreamer has since disappeared without notice, so his characters are NPCs for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Once you've chosen your characters, just post the names of the ones you want in the Character Selection and Discussion thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Pentadragon »

Wow, that was a suprisingly fast response. Thank you very much. I am reading through it right now and it sounds very interesting. I think I will join. Again, I thank you.

EDIT: Ah, I think I am missing something apinfully obvious. Where is the list of available characters. I cannot seem to find it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome, and have fun! I responded so quickly because I happened to be online at the time you posted. I'm pretty busy during the week, but I have time on weekends. Once you've selected your characters, I'll send you their secrets in a PM and you can get started posting as soon as you're ready after you've received them and caught up on what they've done so far this chapter (which isn't all that much so far). If you post your choices within the next couple of hours or so I'll be able to get you the secrets tonight. Otherwise, it won't be until tomorrow evening.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The link I gave you in my initial response led to a post which contained a link to the character sheets themselves. There's no formal list of all available characters, but you can see which ones are taken by looking at the Character Sheets thread. I'll also list the available ones from Chapter 4 here, broken down by section:

SWORD:
Alicia Vargas
Raquel Orozco
Katarina Iliescu
Lara Voronova

JUNO:
Helen Stafford
Cynthia Louise

OMAHA:
Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan
Laura Shelley
Michelle Marquez