Newbie needs help setting up a character!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Newbie needs help setting up a character!

Post by Wayno »

Any help would be appreciated!
tnx
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Newbie needs help setting up a character!

Post by G-Returner »

There may be websites which explain how to roll a character for beginners, I don't remember any though. I don't have time to type everything right now, but will do so later if help is still needed.
Wayno
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Wayno »

k, cheers mate!
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Howerd Phillips »

I'm new also, I found the Byakhee program helpful, I believe it is a resource found on yog-sothoth.com.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Howerd Phillips »

Also, at chaosium.com there is a ~10 page primer for starting characters that you can download.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Google "Byakhee" and download the software from sourceforge. It´s just to fill out the blanks! (Like HP said! I just read his post...)
Cheers!
/ Dave

Sample:

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You can find the Quick Start rules for Call of Cthulhu here: http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?story_id=87

They will not only explain the basic rules, they will also tell you how to create a character. There are a few differences between Quick Start character creation and how it's described in the rulebook. You should get EDU x 20 occupational skill points, not the EDU x 15 it says in the Quick Start rules. There is also no maximum of 75 for starting skill levels in the actual rules (only the overall maximum of 99), but some Keepers do impose a maximum starting skill level such as 75 anyway. The Quick Start rules also don't explain how to adjust your stats for your characters age. For every full 10 years over 40 (i.e., starting at age 50), you must deduct one point from your choice of STR, CON, DEX, or APP. The minimum allowed age is EDU+6. For every full 10 years above this minimum, you gain +1 EDU (and another 20 occupational skill points). Thus, a character with a 16 EDU would have to be at least 22 years old. If you make your character 52, you get 19 EDU, but you would also need to lose one point from one of the physical stats listed above. Your Know score and Own Language skill max out at 99, even if you have 20 or more EDU.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”