New user looking for game~!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
SoReal
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

New user looking for game~!

Post by SoReal »

Hello, I just recently joined this board, and had a look around. I think this is a pretty cool idea, and I'd like to join in on the fun.

Unfortunately, I'm not only new to this site, but new to the CoC roleplaying system in general. I have experience with ST, D20, D6, FATAL (yes, FATAL.), Tri-Stat, and many other systems, so picking it up shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone knows of a game that could use someone with experience roleplaying, just not in the CoC universe? Any settings is fine, gaslight preferred over modern.

Thanks!

-SoReal

P.S. If someone could PM me and let me know which materials I need or should have for this site (in terms of books, programs, etc.), that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again~!
Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

C:\DOS | C:\DOS\RUN | RUN\DOS\RUN
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: New user looking for game~!

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi!
You should throw a glance at the quick rules at Chaosium. Download PDF
I´m hosting a modern game set in New York at a WalMart. The game is called The Dreaming Man. Maybe not your thing but come by and have a look.
Should you decide to join, you´re welcome.
Game link

/ Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

If it's a Gaslight game you're interested in, while there are unfortunately none running currently, Raiko is planning to start one. You should check out his thread in I'm Thinking of Running a Game here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =39&t=1445

You'd also be welcome to join Zombie Apocalypse. While it is modern era, it's geared to allow new players to learn the rules easily. Many of our players have had no prior Call of Cthulhu experience. The characters are all pregenerated, so you won't need to worry about character creation. You could also play more than one character; in fact it's encouraged, as this game is highly lethal by its very nature. Chapter 3 is currently coming to a close. There are still some available characters that were introduced when the chapter started, so there'd be some catching up involved with them. Chapter 4 should be starting after Thanksgiving, and at that time dozens of new characters will be introduced that will require no prior reading.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
G-Returner
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G-Returner »

Look into my Horror on the Orient Express campaign which I plan to keep if enough players join in: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =39&t=1609

CoC experience is not needed, and since you have general roleplaying experience you'd be welcome to join.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Another Gaslight game looks like its getting started also.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”