Page 1 of 1

Newbie looking for his first game

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm
by Vanzetti
Hello.

I never played CoC (but played other kinds of RPG) and would like to try. But I don`t have any books. Any game needs a completely new player to kill?

Re: Newbie looking for his first game

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
Zombie Apocalypse has room for new players. There are still some characters that were added at the start of Chapter 3 who are still available, but they're in the process of getting slaughtered as the chapter is coming to its bloody conclusion, plus you'd still have some catching up to do. Chapter 4 should be starting in November with a whole bunch of new characters that will require no prior reading to play.

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:30 am
by Vanzetti
Mr. Handy wrote:Zombie Apocalypse has room for new players. There are still some characters that were added at the start of Chapter 3 who are still available, but they're in the process of getting slaughtered as the chapter is coming to its bloody conclusion, plus you'd still have some catching up to do. Chapter 4 should be starting in November with a whole bunch of new characters that will require no prior reading to play.
Thanks. But I don`t want a post-apocalyptic game at this point. I`d like to try classic CoC - investigators, GOO`s. etc...

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:19 pm
by Dave Syrinx
The Amazonas, a hallucinogenic drug, investigators digging up a fourth reich burrow, we could fit your character in to 2006 LA Skinner. Not classic but if you take the drug there might be Gods! Modern Era threads.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:25 pm
by zielonobrody
how about The Condemned? We're constatnly understaffed :)

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:05 pm
by Raiko
I’m thinking of starting a Gaslight Era game, but as there doesn’t seem too much interest in a Gaslight Era game – I’ve outlined my planned adventure – and the follow on Globe Trotting campaign a little more. I’ve also explained how it could be run as a Fantasy, Age of Sail or Classic Era game instead – if potential players prefer.

Regardless of setting / Era the main campaign will involve a voyage/expedition to the mythical Skull Island (King Kong’s island). There won’t be a giant ape there though...

The initial one-shot adventure will involve a ‘haunted structure,’ regardless of era. It may or may not be directly linked into the follow on campaign, but it will serve to get the initial set of characters together.

The recruitment / discussion thread for one shot adventure – and the follow on campaign is here.