Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
mrcartoon
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Novice player seeking a game

Post by mrcartoon »

Hello,

It's been sometime since I've played CoC (before it became D20) and have recently ordered the rulebook as I'm interested in getting back into it, so If there are any GM's looking for novice players out there.. :D

Cheers,
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Novice player seeking a game

Post by Mr. Handy »

CoC didn't become d20, there's just a d20 version of it around now too. Sixth Edition is BRP (d100) and still in print; I just picked up a copy a few months ago. Most of the games on this site are BRP, though d20 games can still be run here.

Zombie Apocalypse still has room for new players, and you'd be welcome to join. There are some characters that came in at the start of Chapter 3 who are still available, and while there's still a decent amount of catching up to do for them, it's not too much. Chapter 3 is entering its endgame and will probably wrap up in a month or so. Then there will be a break before Chapter 4 starts, probably in October or November. At that point many new characters will be added, and no prior reading will be required for them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Novice player seeking a game

Post by Mr. Handy »

You don't need to send me PMs to reply to my posts; you can reply right here, or in a relevant thread on the Zombie Apocalypse forum. If you'd like to join, you may choose one or more characters that are still available. Look at the Character Sheets thread to see everyone's character sheet. The list of available characters can be found here:

Once you've chosen your character(s), you should post your selections in the Character Selection and Discussion thread. Three is the standard amount, and you may choose up to four if you want, but I recommend starting with 1 or 2. That way you'll have some room left in case you like some of the new characters in Chapter 4.

You don't need to read the first two chapters in The Story So Far if you choose only characters newly added in Chapter 3, and there are still several available. Almost all of those are in the Through section. Currently the only new characters available in Over are Dr. Bernard Smith and Lucy Armstrong (both of whose players are missing), but they won't have much to do besides talk until Chapter 4 starts, which is months away. There are no new characters in Under at this time. The new characters available in Through are:
Airman Brian Kincaid (abandoned)
Airman Greg Applebee (abandoned)
Amanda Deeds
Ernest Granger (abandoned)

Once you've made your selections, you should check the Locations thread to see which threads your character has been in. You will need to read those threads, but you may not read any other IC threads, or those portions of the listed threads that are before or after your character was in that thread. I'll send you your character's secrets, and once you've gotten those and caught up, you will be able to begin posting.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Players Looking For Games”