Nightgaunt is ready to fly.

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Nightgaunt
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Nightgaunt is ready to fly.

Post by Nightgaunt »

Nightgaunt here. New to this site, been playing CoC for a few months, been playing pbp for a few years. Looking for some action. I'm eager to participate and have time to play. Hoping to make some good online gaming contacts as well. I prefer 1920's CoC, but am open to any era. D100 yes. D20 no. Will play pre-gen or original, no biggie to me. So, what'dya got?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Nightgaunt is ready to fly.

Post by Laraqua »

There's a Dark Ages game set in Croatia with the characters as the agents of the king of Croatia.

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =39&t=1391

There's a modern game where your friend/relative has gone missing and involves a first adventure premade from The Shadows of Yog-Sothoth.

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =39&t=1380

There's a fantasy game using a combined RuneQuest BRP and Call of Cthulhu BRP.

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =39&t=1378

There's my own 465 : 19.375 – a kooky Kult-esque campaign that begins in Berlin and moves on to an expedition to a mountain in Kamchatka.

http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... 76&start=0

Then there's existing games like Zombie Apocalypse (take a pre-generated character and try to survive), Hellulands' recruiting, I believe, either Vikings or Inuits.

There may be More In Existing Games Looking for players... You'd need to check it yourself. Those are just the ones I remembered off the top of my head.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Nightgaunt
Layman
Layman

Post by Nightgaunt »

Thanks mate, I'll check 'em out.
skot
Layman
Layman

Post by skot »

Joined up on referral from Nightgaunt. Been gaming (pbp) with him for many years now. I am also a big Lovecraft fan. I'll check up on those links provided.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi guys! One of the links was to a not yet started game of mine. My current game is at LA Skinner. I´ve added two players quite recently and could make room for more. The team of agents are at the Amazon searching for a burrow of Nazis. Some time fluctuation is disturbing the scene right now...

Have a read in chapter two for the reason to heading to Brazil.

The link Laraqua provided will be fleshed out tonight. With scenario premise and factions.

Cheers, Syrinx!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No problem, just figured it'd be an easier way to see what's prepared. Please tell me if I missed anyone...

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Here's the link to Zombie Apocalypse: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=90

You can actually play more than one of the pre-generated characters (three is standard). In fact, I recommend it, as the game is very lethal. It is the end of the world as we know it, after all. There are still several available characters that were added at the start of Chapter 3, and if you picked one or more of them you'd have the least amount of catching up to do. Chapter 3 is also approaching its endgame, and when it's done there will be a break before Chapter 4 begins. At that point, many new characters will be added and you could join with no prior reading required.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Zombie Apocalypse is really good and Mr. Handy is a Rules Guru who will talk you through the complexities of combat. Not a Rules Lawyer ... oh no, a Rules Guru! He combines flexibility with a deep understanding of the rules. The Through section can be a bit overwhelming by this point as there's so many characters but you might like that (though that might have changed since I read it - high lethality). If you join at Chapter 4, though, it'll be darn easy!

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Laraqua! There are still many characters left in Through, but there might not be for long... :twisted: Events are starting to unfold that could reduce the cast size there to something more manageable. It should be interesting when (or rather, if) Sue gets back to the surface and finds out what has happened.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

If...

I still think they should come down with us.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I guess you've forgotten what happened in Under, then... :lol:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue knows nothing!

Anywho, Nightgaunt, play one of the NPCs who are with me ... going down, down, down!

Sorry to gank your thread like this! :D

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I hadn't realized you were talking IC as Sue, rather than OOC as yourself. Yeah, Sue doesn't know what happened.

I'm sorry for the threadjack too. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nightgaunt
Layman
Layman

Post by Nightgaunt »

Heh, no problem guys. I ran a zombie apocalypse game based on the WWZ book but it didn't really pan out. I'm a big fan of the genre so I'll give that a game a look as well.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sweet ... and another one ensnared! (Potentially)

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, Nightgaunt! This game has a lot more staying power. It's already two years and two months old, and I think it can keep going indefinitely. Even if it ends, we have plans to greatly expand and restart it. WWZ is one of the influences of the game's original creator, Welsh, though I haven't actually read it yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nightgaunt
Layman
Layman

Post by Nightgaunt »

WWZ is a great book. I highly recommend it.

I gave Zombie Apocalypse a quick look, but there is so much going on I'm not sure where I would begin. :o

Got some pointers on where to start? Where are the pre-gen character sheets to choose from? I'd be up for playing any role really, but something with a military or criminal past might interest me more. I think its great the game has run so long, but damned if I have the time to read through 3000 posts to get caught up. :shock:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Strangely enough, the pregen character sheets are in the stickied thread called "Character Sheets" near the top. ;) You can find it here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =90&t=1107

Fortunately, you don't have to read all the posts, not even close. In fact, the only IC threads you're allowed to read are the ones your characters have been in. There are a number of characters that have military and criminal backgrounds that you might enjoy playing, and of course there will be more added eventually. The characters in the Chapter 3 groups will have the least catching up involved (the first two chapters are very long as well, and they're kept on another site where the game started).

Several characters are either still available, or have been abandoned by players who have disappeared. Here are the ones you can choose from, with a * by the ones that fit what you want.

In Over:
Dr. Bernard Smith
Lucy Armstrong

The characters in Over will not have much to do besides talk until Chapter 4 starts, however. The real action is in Through.

In Through:
*Airman Brian Kincaid
*Airman Greg Applebee
*Amanda Deeds
Dr. Dale Owens
Ernest Granger

You might want to start by picking one or two characters, leaving some slots open for the new Chapter 4 characters when they come. In the Locations thread, you'll see a thread history for each character. Just look up the one(s) you want and start reading their backstory. When you've made your selection, let me know and I'll send you their secrets. I think you'd enjoy playing Kincaid the most. You'll have to read all or most of The Siege in order to catch up, though, and that thread is pretty long by itself. Here's the locations thread: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtop ... =90&t=1111
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nightgaunt
Layman
Layman

Post by Nightgaunt »

Ah yes, I should have checked the character sheet thread. :oops:

Thanks for the update Handy. I'll check it out some more over the weekend and get back with you.

Also, thanks to Syrinx for the tip. I'll give your game a look as well. Nazis in the Amazon, eh? Sounds juicy.

BTW, good to see Skot join up here. He's a solid gamer folks. One of the best I've been playing with for several years. A great addition to any game. (That'll be $5, Skot ;) )
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

sounds like you've already had some good offers, but if you fancied playing a private eye in 30s los angeles, there would be the opportunity to jump into my game New York baby. if you don't, no worries.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi

Return to “Players Looking For Games”