I'a! I'a! I'a!

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

I'a! I'a! I'a!

Post by ralazere »

Hello all CoC keepers and players. I'm new here and am eager to begin playing the game that I've always been fascinated with since I got my first book by HP Lovecraft and discovered that an rpg existed based off his work.

I do have a character, though, that I am really proud of that I've been playing for a long time and would enjoy playing him here in this forum, but I can play other characters as well.

The character's name is Patrick Mason, a renowned parapsychologist. He can be played both in the 1920's and the modern day. I've played him since I started and would like to stick with him as he is indeed my first CoC investigator. Oh, and he's 6th ed.

Here's his stats. My avatar is basically what I believe he looks like.

Name: Patrick Mason
College/Degree(s): Yale University/Master's in Psychology
Birthplace: Maine, USA
Yearly Income & Property: $225,000 (partially through inheritance) & owns Walterbrook Manor (inherit from his late uncle)
Personality and Appearance and Background: A rather handsome man, Mason grew interested in the occult and the different worlds which nobody can see during his later years in Yale. He keeps his face clean-shaven, his black hair combed well, but is usually hidden under a fedora hat. He wears a long trenchcoat, usually unbuttoned, revealing the different amulets he keeps on his person. Anything from pentacles to crucifixes hang from his neck. He is usually the life of any party, loving automobiles and chatting with folks about different things he has learned in the past years. His father, Jonathon Mason, is actually a manic depressive and his mother, Diana Mason, is deceased from a mysterious illness. He is an only child, and his father didn't help in his upbringing because it was after his mother's death when he became manic depressive. Patrick was only seven years of age. Patrick still remains quite active, enjoying outdoor activities along with his occupation. Driving cars is also a hobby of his. He stands at 6' 4", weighing approximately 185 lbs. His charm is what has got him into strange buildings in which most folk would forbid anyone to go in so he may investigate the happenings. He has a slight fear of spiders. Not so much that he goes crazy when he sees them, but enough he will avoid them as much as possible. The man's religion (if any) is unknown.

Characteristics:
STR: 8
CON: 16
SIZ: 16
DEX: 11
APP: 17
INT: 17, Idea 85
POW: 15, Luck 75, SAN 75
EDU: 18, Know 90
Sanity: 75
Current Sanity: 75
Phobias and/or Mental Disorders: Arachnophobia (minor)
Hit Points: 16
Current Hit Points: 16
Magic Points: 15
Current Magic Points: 15
Damage Bonus/Penalty: O
Skills (skills in which he doesn't have points given to them isn't displayed. Bold is professional, regular is hobby):
Anthropology (00%): 30%
Astronomy (00%): 36%
Climb (40%): 70%
Dodge (DEX x 2): 22%
Drive Automobile (20%): 80%
Fast Talk (05%): 45%
History (20%): 50%
Jump (25%): 60%
Library Use (25%): 55%
Listen (25%): 60%
Occult (05%): 90%
Photography (10%): 20%
Psychology (05%): 80%
Read/Write English (EDU x 5): 90%
Speak Latin (00%): 10%
Swim (25%): 35%
Pistols (20%): 30%
"And behold, the stars shine bright. Behold, the seas start to churn. Behold, the one who lies asleep shall rise again!"
Anonymous
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Re: I'a! I'a! I'a!

Post by ralazere »

Please, any comments? Questions? Games without a parapsychologist?
"And behold, the stars shine bright. Behold, the seas start to churn. Behold, the one who lies asleep shall rise again!"
Anonymous
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Hey, you still around?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Yes, I am actually.
Anonymous
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by welsh »

Actually I am kind of in need for a character to play a private investigator... can you wing it? We might have to make some changes to character.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

I probably can. Though, Mason is now playing in Last Express right now as his usual parapsychologist self.
Anonymous
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Though now he speaks a little French.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Heh, of course he does. :)
Anonymous

Return to “Players Looking For Games”