Newbie searching for mentor

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Azazel
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Newbie searching for mentor

Post by Azazel »

Hi guys! I'm just about as new to CoC as it is possible to be, but am really interested in the game. Would thier be anyone out there who would be kind enough to take a poor fool in and show him the ropes?? Please? :|
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Newbie searching for mentor

Post by welsh »

Azazel wrote: Hi guys! I'm just about as new to CoC as it is possible to be, but am really interested in the game. Would thier be anyone out there who would be kind enough to take a poor fool in and show him the ropes?? Please? :|

If you'd like to join Lure- it's a bit CoC lite. Might be a good place to get used to the rules. I have a few CoC newbies playing at the moment and they seem to be enjoying themselves.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Hi Azazel and welcome to the board.

I'm not sure that the type of game run on this site will be able to teach you much about Call of Cthulhu. PbEM or PBP games have to be pretty rules lite or they wouldbe quite impossible to play. However the games run on here are all top-notch and if you join in you will have a greart time and learn a lot about 'story-telling'.

For general advice about CoC I'd suggest our parent site yog-sothoth.com where you will find many discussions on almost any topic to do with the game (you may already be a member).

Do you have a rule book? If not Chaosium have 'quick start' rules free of charge as a PDF downloadable from their site.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask away here, or on on yog-sothoth.com.

Lee
Last edited by carnage_lee on Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The colour...it burns...cold an' wet, but it burns...
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

You're also welcome to take a look at my Mountains of Madness game if you like.

Three of my players have no experience at all with Call of Cthulhu.

I think I'm running the game a little more "rules-heavy" than Welsh is, but I handle the rules stuff myself and provide links to the dice-throws, etc.

It's quite a big game though, so I guess it could be daunting.

If you only want to play one game, and you can't decide between them, then I'd recommend Welsh's Lure game, as mine already has a lot of players, and given the scale it could be months before you actually encounter the real mythos stuff. Also I'd love to join Lure myself, but I haven't got enough time at the moment.

If you fancy playing both though, or if you fancy a really long game then you are welcome in BtMoM.

Return to “Players Looking For Games”