Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Cyrus
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Ruinous newbie looking for game

Post by Cyrus »

Hi all,

I've never played Call of Cthulhu, but I'm irritatingly literate in all things Lovecraft and would love to play a role in one of your games. I'm not particularly fond of numbers and rules, but I'll try my best to learn whatever arcane system lies at the heart of these games -- though I'll likely need an enormous amount of prompting and guidance to get through. If this pathetic introduction is somehow endearing to any GMs about to start a game, please let me know. And it's in everyone's interest to point me to any links, guides or templates that can help me get started. I'm willing to commit to a post every day -- any more than that would be stretching it.

C
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Ruinous newbie looking for game

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Cyrus! I'm going to be moving a game here called Zombie Apocalypse in the next couple of weeks or so. It's not exactly a new game, as it's been running on another board for the last year and a half. However, Chapter 3 is going to introduce many new characters and situations, so it will be like a new game. If you play new characters exclusively, you will not need to know anything about the first two chapters. It's a modern era game, and while it does not involve the Mythos, there are a number of elements that resemble the Mythos as well as references to it. All characters are pregenerated, and players in fact play multiple characters due to the highly lethal nature of the game, so you do not need to worry about character creation. If you're interested, you can find the details here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=96

There are also other games that are looking for players. You might want to check the Existing Games Looking For Players board for any openings, as well as the I'm Thinking of Running a Game board for new games that may be starting.

If you're looking for resources for new players, you can find them at Chaosium's website. The Quick Start rules are especially useful. You can find them here: http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?story_id=87

Those rules include the adventure The Haunting, which you might not want to read if you hope to play it one day and don't want to spoil yourself. The Haunting is a frequently used introductory Call of Cthulhu adventure. I played in a play-by-post version of it on this site that was great. You can find it in the Hall of Fame here (though again, beware of spoilers): http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=51
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Ruinous newbie looking for game

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I need Vikings in my game Helluland if you are interested.

Check it out in the dark ages section in the Board Index...

You could roll up your own or play one of several existing games. It's a good group and we'd love to have yah hop on board....

Return to “Players Looking For Games”